Introducing Westpac skills for Amazon Alexa
Bank effortlessly, using your voice.
Access your account balance, recent spending history, and reward points status through Alexa, Amazon’s new voice service that instantly connects you to music, your smart home devices, and now your personal banking.
Simply say, “Alexa, open Westpac"
1. Download and open the Amazon Alexa app
Or, visit the Alexa Skills store on Amazon.com.au/skills.
2. Search for the Westpac Banking skill
If using the Amazon Alexa app, go to ‘Skills’ and search for ‘Westpac Banking’; or if you’re online, search for ‘Westpac Banking’.
3. Enable the skill
Tap ‘Enable’ to set up the Westpac Banking skill.
4. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
In using the Westpac Banking skill, you agree to be bound by Westpac’s Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
5. Sign in with your Westpac customer ID and password
Before you can set up the Westpac Banking skill, you will need to be registered for Westpac Live Online Banking.
6. Link up to 3 eligible accounts
You can link up to 3 eligible accounts, including Westpac Choice, eSaver and Altitude Black or Platinum credit cards.
7. Create a unique 4-digit passcode
For an added layer of security set up a unique 4-digit passcode to access the Westpac Banking skill. Your password should be different to your Online and Mobile Banking access passcodes.
8. Start using
Start using the Westpac Banking skill by saying “Alexa, open Westpac”.
Westpac has you covered with Westpac Protect™. You can also set up a passcode for an added layer of security.
Keep up to date with financial news
Enable Finance News from Westpac to add Westpac’s financial markets update to your Flash Briefing – your Amazon Alexa service which provides a quick overview of news and other content.
You can link up to 3 eligible accounts, including Westpac Choice, eSaver and Altitude Black or Platinum credit cards. Most everyday and savings accounts, and credit cards are eligible.
The following account types cannot be linked:
- variable investment loans
- fixed rate personal loans
- investment property loans
- term deposits
- foreign currency accounts
- superannuation accounts and online investing accounts.
Frequently asked questions
- Who can use the Westpac skills and what accounts are eligible?
- Can I use the Westpac Banking skill for transfers and payments?
- What information do you collect and how is it used within the Westpac Banking skill?
- What measures can I take to protect my information?
For more information on the Westpac skills see the Frequently Asked Questions.
Tell us what you think
Share your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve our Westpac Banking Skill via our feedback form.
Things you should know
By using the Westpac Banking skill, you agree to be bound by Westpac’s Online Banking Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that the Westpac Banking skill's capability is limited to the functionality described above.
© 2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 233714.