Accessibility and disability support
Westpac takes seriously its commitment to providing information in accessible formats and making products and services accessible for customers with disability. We are continually testing and improving the website to meet accessibility needs for customers with disability. We welcome your feedback on accessibility whether it's a compliment, suggestion or a complaint via our accessibility and disability feedback form or over the phone on 1300 130 467 between 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week.
For vision impaired customers we can enhance the visibility of the embossed details on your card with contrast colour tipping. We will do this at your request without any charge to you. Order a replacement of your existing card with contrast colour tipping by contacting us on 132 032.
We're making our branches easy to access. Where possible, the design of our new and refurbished branches include:
- Power-assisted entry doors for customers with prams or mobility requirements or in a wheelchair
- Service counters at seated level
- Interview rooms on ground floor
- Flexible height brochure displays
- Contrasting signage for easy recognition
- Talking ATMs
- Hearing loops for hearing aids
Our branches meet the Disability Discrimination Act requirements and comply with Premises Standards.
You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator, and selecting the filter option for ‘Disabled access’ in the advanced search options on our website. On the Westpac Live mobile app, you can search via the ‘Nearest ATM.’ Please note this feature is not currently accessible to customers who use voice over on their smart devices, however we are working to correct this.
Our partnership with Australia Post means that customers can access banking services at their local Australia Post Office, across more than 3,500 outlets Australia-wide. Customers are required to use a Debit or Credit card in order to transact at Australia Post.
|Transaction & Service Type||Bank@Post service offering|
|Deposits||Accounts with cards
Cash deposits up to $7,000 per day Low volume coin deposits
Deposits to 3rd party accounts (Transactions can be completed using Westpac Live) Fund transfer between accounts (Transactions can be completed using Westpac Live)
|Withdrawals||Accounts with cards
Cash withdrawals up to $2,000 per day
|Cheque Deposits||Deposits up to $999,999.99 (including cash)
Up to 99 cheques per deposit
|Balance inquiries||Balances on Cheque and Savings accounts linked to the transacting card
Credit card available funds
|Payment of Bills||Most typical bill payment types|
|Bank Cheque||Money Order - Australia Post Bank Cheque alternative|
- For more information on Bank@Post visit Australia Post’s website.
All Westpac Group ATMs have audio capability. Our “Talking ATMs” give clear verbal instructions and provide confirmation of your selections at each step.
- All ATM PIN pads have a raised centre key “#5” to allow users to locate the key positions.
- The audio instructions provide alternate PIN pad numbers for each step e.g.; “to withdraw press #3 which is located…” rather than using the touchscreen or buttons on the side of the screen.
- All ATMs are compatible with a standard 3.5mm earpiece to listen to instructions and screen text.
- We’ve reduced the number of screens and steps to do cash withdrawal to make it easier to use our ATMs.
- We will remember your account and receipt selections for the next time you make cash withdrawal and the option to also save a favourite cash amount.
- All ATM transaction screens comply with accessibility standards including screen contrast and font size.
- Wherever possible, ATMs are height and reach accessible from a seated position including PIN pad, card reader and screen.
- Wherever possible, most of our locations with an ATM are accessible by wheelchair.
- You can use cardless cash feature through our mobile banking Apps to pre-stage a withdrawal. You receive a 6 digit code (valid for 3 hours) you can use at any Westpac Group ATM.
You can locate a Talking ATM by using our branch and ATM locator on our website, and selecting the filter options ‘Audio ATM’ in the advanced search options on our website. On the Westpac Live mobile app, you can search via the ‘Nearest ATM.’
Communicating with a banker
Our Customer Care unit is open 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week from anywhere in Australia. Our people are trained to support you to meet your financial goals and understand the accessibility requirements of our customers. You can find all our Personal banking contact numbers on our website.
You can also contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS) an Australian Government initiative that offers an Australia-wide phone service for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. It is available to everyone at no additional charge.
- Talk to text users phone 133 677 then ask for 132 032
- Speak and listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 132 032
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 132 032
Visit your local branch to communicate with a banker in person. You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator on our website. On the Westpac Live mobile app, you can search via the ‘Nearest ATM.’
- Auslan interpreter services can be booked through branch
Banking with your voice
You can access your banking through Westpac Action for Google Assistant and Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa. Westpac customers can ask a range of questions relating to their account balance, recent spending history and rewards points status.
Learn more about how to get started and eligible accounts:
Telephone Banking gives you flexibility to manage your money from the comfort of your own home and when it suits you with our 24/71 Self Service function. You can also get information on products, services, interest rates and fees by communicating with a Banking Representative (8am-8pm, 7 days a week).
You can find out more information on Telephone Banking and how to register.
1 Subject to systems availability
We’re committed to making the content of this site accessible to the widest possible audience.
These audiences include those:
- Using assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers
- Who are unable to use the mouse
- Dependent on the accessibility features of their web browser.
Devices with the following assistive technology were used for reviewing Accessibility of the westpac.com.au website:
- NVDA 2016
- JAWS screen reader
- VoiceOver for IOS
You’ll find more information on how we are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and online banking services in this section.
In order to access Westpac Online Banking, please make sure you're using the most recent version of your preferred browser.
|Operating System||Win8, Win7||Mac, Win8, Win7||Mac, Win8, Win7||Mac|
View the full list of compatible devices and supported operating systems at westpac.com.au/devices
This guide aims to incorporate the ways both screen reading and magnification users engage with the keyboard.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Key in your customer number using your computer keyboard in the “Enter your Customer ID” box.
- Before entering your password, you will be prompted with a check box option for using our “Remember customer ID” function. This will save you having to type your customer number in every time when you visit our site, for security reasons if you're using a public or shared device we don't recommend selecting this option.
- Depending on your choice of assistive technology, use the mouse, tab, arrow or ‘E’ key to navigate to the edit field to enter your password.
- Once in the password edit field type in your 6 character alphanumeric password.
For customers using adaptive technology (like JAWS), we've included an Online Banking short cut where you won't have to search for the sign in button.
Here's how: Once you've entered your customer ID and password as normal, press and hold the 'Alt ' key, then press 'S' as well.
This directly signs you in (JAWS will read that you're being signed in). To help remember, think of 'S' standing for 'sign in'.
With Online Banking you can choose to share access to your accounts with family members or trusted professionals while maintaining control of what they can see and do.
Find out more about sharing account access.
You can login securely to the Westpac Mobile Banking App through a range of methods, not only with your password.
- Customer ID and Password – Find out how to locate your Customer ID
- 4 digit passcode – Find out how to sign in with 4 digit passcode
- Fingerprint – Find out how to sign in with Fingerprint
- Face ID - This is available on iPhone X only and requires you to use v 8.2 or above of the Westpac Mobile Banking app. Find out how to sign in with Face ID
Using Connect from within the Mobile Banking app connects you straight to the relevant team member who can assist you. You will also avoid the need to answer a series of security questions as we have already verified your identity when you logged in via the Mobile Banking app.
Connect can be found by downloading the latest Mobile Banking app and tapping on the Services tile on the home screen. You can also find Connect via Contact us when you’re signed in to the app.
Find out more about Westpac Connect.
Want to share your feedback or learn more about our commitment?
Things you should know
iPhone and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.