I want to:
Save more with free charging and a discounted rate~
Our Car Loan offers a discounted rate and up to $750 of free charging on eligible electric vehicles for up to 12 months.3
That's enough for over 7,000km of driving. Or, from Melbourne to Cairns and back.
Do the numbers
Make use of our calculators and tools to help you decide on your loan:
Choose a personal loan
Fixed rate for the whole period of the loan.
Apply now and you will get a response in 60 seconds.
Why choose our personal loans?
Choose a term so repayments fit your budget with our fixed rate loans, or keep it completely open with our Flexi Loan.
Know your rates & repayments
With our fixed rate loans you can get your rate quote in 5 mins and lock it in, without affecting your credit score.
Approved funds are sent within the hour for our fixed rate loans*, or 15 minutes with our Flexi Loan.
Our Unsecured Personal Loan comes with a fixed rate, meaning that you have the certainty of a set repayment amount throughout the life of the loan. You can also make extra repayments to pay off your loan faster, giving you the best of both worlds (prepayment fee may apply#).
Get your personalised rate before you apply.
Key rates and fees
|Rate or fee||Amount|
|Annual fixed rate range||7.99% p.a. to 20.49% p.a.|
|Comparison rate range||9.18% p.a. to 21.61% p.a.^|
|Lending establishment fee
|Monthly loan account fee||$12|
Other fees and charges may be payable.
Fees that may apply
|Prepayment fee (applies if you choose a term greater than 2 years and pay it out in less than 2 years. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan).||$175|
|Missed payment fee||$15|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
Before you apply
Follow this section to improve the likelihood your application is approved.
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information is correct as of 1 November 2023.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 7.99% p.a. (comparison rate 9.18% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,513. The actual rate offered may be higher or lower than the comparison example above. Rates currently range from 7.99% p.a. to 20.49% p.a. (comparison rate from 9.18% p.a. to 21.61% p.a.)
- Car Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 5.99% p.a. (comparison rate 7.20% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $35,801. The actual rate offered may be higher or lower than the comparison example above. Rates currently range from 5.99% p.a. to 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate from 7.20% p.a. to 14.14% p.a.)
#Prepayment fee: If you choose a term greater than 2 years for a Westpac Personal Loan, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
*Access to funds within 60 minutes: Available for existing customers who are approved for an Unsecured Personal Loan. Loan funds will be disbursed into an existing Westpac transaction account 60 minutes from when e-contract acceptance has been received. Funds requested to be transferred to a non-Westpac account will take up to 3 days.
1. Ongoing access to credit: Withdrawals are subject to authorisation. A $500 minimum applies.
2. The minimum monthly payment is the minimum amount you need to pay each month, which includes;
- The monthly loan account fee
- 2% of the statement’s closing balance (excluding the monthly loan account fee) or the full closing balance if under $10, whichever is greater
- Any overdue amount owing, or the amount of your closing balance which exceeds your credit limit, whichever is greater.
3. Electric car charging offer: Receive 1,250-kWh charging limit to use for up to 12 months across the Australian Chargefox public charging network. After 12 months from offer activation or when the 1,250-kWh charging limit has been reached, charging costs will apply. This offer is available on a Westpac Car Loan that has been approved for a verified eligible electric car and e-contract acceptance confirmed. Within 30 days of e-contract acceptance, a unique voucher will be sent to the email address on the approved Car Loan application with activation instructions and expiry date. Offer is subject to change or be withdrawn at any time.
Example kilometres of over 7,000kms is based on average 15-20-kWhs per 100 kms and should be used as an example only. Car battery size, driver behaviour, temperature and other variables will affect the distance performance. Up to $750 of free charging value is based on $0.60 cost per kWhs for Ultra-rapid charging stations. kWh pricing may be higher or lower depending on the type of charger used. For more information visit https://www.chargefox.com/announcing-a-price-change-to-20-fast-charging-chargefox-stations/
^^To qualify for a Car Loan, applicant must meet all credit criteria and the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant's name, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with Westpac noted as the financier and is for personal use only. The loan amount may exceed the vehicle’s market value, as reported by Redbook, to cover the purchase price of the vehicle and other expenses. If you're using a Westpac Car Loan to buy an electric or hybrid car, check our
~Car Loan for eligible Electric or Hybrid engine types is subject to a 0.5% discount on your personalised interest rate, applied at the time of application. Electric and Hybrid Car Loan interest rates range from 5.49% p.a. to 12.49% p.a. (comparison rate 6.70% p.a. to 13.65% p.a.^)
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.