What is the purpose of your loan?
Before you apply
COVID-19 has impacted the time it takes to process and follow up on incomplete applications. To ensure we assess your application in a timely manner, please read the following sections carefully before applying.
- You are regularly meeting your repayment obligations for your mortgage, other loan or credit card accounts.
- You have considered whether you need to keep any credit accounts you may no longer use – e.g. store cards.
As part of reviewing your application we look at the information on your credit report, which is produced by an independent credit bureau. This report shows a snapshot of your liabilities, available credit, and your repayment behaviour for these accounts. To learn more about credit reporting in Australia visit www.westpac.com.au/ccr.
It’s a good idea to view your own credit report and check your details are correct before starting your application. You can do this for free by visiting the credit bureau website directly, or via CreditSmart.org.au. We work with three bureaus: Equifax, illion and Experian, so you might like to check the report produced by each of them.
Before starting your application, make sure you have everything in the list below:
- Current employer’s name, address and phone number
- Your income information from the last 3 months, such as payslips, bank statements and rental income (you won’t need this if your pay already goes into a Westpac bank account)
- Recent tax information if you're self-employed
- Asset, savings and investment details
- All existing liabilities that are in your name (e.g. personal loans, other credit or store cards, ‘interest-free’ instalment purchases, home loan)
- All your regular monthly expenses (including school fees, insurance, utilities etc.)
If you are an existing Westpac customer, you will also need to:
- Apply as an Existing Customer in the application form and log in to your account
- Once logged in, double-check that your personal details (name, address etc) are up-to-date. If not, log in to internet banking to update them. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
Any errors in the details you provide could delay processing, or even mean you are declined. Again, checking against your credit report can help here.
Every time you apply for any form of credit, your credit history is checked by the credit provider. This is listed as an enquiry on your report. Multiple applications can be seen as a red flag and reduce your chances of approval.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
*1% p.a. interest rate discount: Information current as at 16 July 2020. This offer is only available to a customer who applies by 31 August 2020 and is approved for a new fixed rate Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan by calling 1300 720 697, visiting a branch or via the ‘Log in to apply’ application button on the Unsecured Personal Loan page if you are registered for Westpac Online Banking.
Eligible customers will receive a special offer interest rate of 10.99% p.a. (comparison rate 12.16% p.a.^) on a fixed rate Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan, which represents a 1% p.a. discount on the current advertised rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15%^). This offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time.
All other fees outlined on westpac.com.au/personal-banking/personal-loans/unsecured-personal-loan. Read the Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions, before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 1300 720 697.
1. To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must be less than 7 years at the start of the loan. Whether purchasing new or used car, the vehicle has to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer, and all the lending criteria met.
2. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
Access to funds within 60 minutes
3. Access to Unsecured Personal Loan funds within 60 minutes from final approval is only available for existing Westpac customers, who apply as a single applicant online, with funds being disbursed into their own Westpac account.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 10.99% p.a. (comparison rate 12.16% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $40,173.
- Car Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 7.49% p.a. (comparison rate 8.68% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,080.