We're here to help
If your card has been lost, or stolen, you can cancel your card and order a new one in the Westpac App or Online Banking.
On this page, we’ll show you how to:
- Lock your card temporarily, while you look for your card
- Permanently cancel your card and organise a replacement card
- If you have a transaction account, you can use Cardless Cash1 to get cash from the ATM without needing a physical card
- Access your Westpac Digital Card2 to shop online and pay bills while waiting for a replacement card.
Firstly, is there a chance you will find your card?
What happens after I cancel my card?
- The new card will arrive within 4-6 working days
- A new card can be delivered to you or sent to a branch
- Once you receive your card, activate it via the via the Westpac App.
How to report my card lost or stolen
- Mobile app
How can I access funds without my card?
- Use Cardless Cash1 to withdraw cash without your Debit card from over 3000 Westpac, St.George, BankSA & Bank of Melbourne ATMs located across Australia. You’ll need the Westpac App to do this.
- If you have permanently cancelled your card and waiting for a replacement card, you can access your Digital Card2. The digital card is a digital version of your card, but instantly available 24/7 in the Westpac App. Use it just like your physical card to shop online, pay bills, make in-app purchases and set up your recurring card payments, or even add it to your mobile or wearable wallet to shop in-store.
Frequently Asked Questions
A lost or stolen wallet or handbag can mean losing not only credit cards, but a driver's licence, mobile phone, plus car or house keys. Some tips to consider should this happen include:
Things you should know
Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
There is a Cardless Cash limit of 3 Cardless transactions per day, subject to a daily withdrawal limit of $500 and a weekly withdrawal limit of $1,000. All Cardless Cash limits apply across Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne accounts and Mobile Banking Apps.
Westpac Debit Mastercard® holders need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Westpac Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2The Instant Digital Card is only available on the Westpac Mobile Banking app and supported with the latest version of Westpac Mobile Banking. The terms and conditions applicable to your product also apply to the use of your digital card. Online Banking Terms & Conditions also apply. You may not always be able to access your digital card.
The iPhone and Android Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.