Choose from home and/or contents, landlord and renters insurance.
- Comprehensive cover for storm, flood, fire, theft and more
- Pay by the month at no extra cost
- 24/7 claims support – we’ll do whatever we can to help in your hour of need and support you every step of the way
Relax and enjoy your trip with Westpac Travel Insurance.2
The cover provided by Westpac Travel Insurance differs across plans, and can include the following:
- 24/7 call centre emergency Medical Assistance on international policies – cover provided under Comprehensive, Essentials, and Multi Trip plans only
- Travel delay cover where your journey is delayed for at least 6 hours from circumstances outside of your control
- Cancellation cover if your journey is cancelled, rescheduled or shortened because of circumstances that were not expected or intended by you and outside of your control
- Rental vehicle excess where the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen while in your custody and is operated in accordance with the rental agreement and in compliance with applicable road laws
- Cover for lost, damaged or stolen personal effects, accidentally damaged or permanently lost. For the lessor of repair replacement, original purchase price, or depreciated value, up to $3,000 for laptops, $1,000 for mobile phones and $750 for other items
- Optional cover is available for snow, and cruise travel – can be purchased with Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip plans only. Eligibility criteria apply to some optional cover
The above is a summary only and cover is subject to policy terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits. For full details, please see the Product Disclosure Statement
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
1 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
2 Terms, exclusions, conditions and limitations apply. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
3 You can save up to 25% is a combination of three discounts: save up to 10% on your first year’s premium for buying a new policy online, save up to 10% Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers and save up to 5.8% when selecting the Named Driver Option and listing all your drivers on the policy. These discounts do not apply to Third Party Property Damage policies. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Any online discount offered is applied to our standard rates (excluding optional covers). The online discount applies to new Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only in the first year (unless stated otherwise). Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. The Safe Driver Discount applies to eligible Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance and driving histories of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) can arrange the following insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance:
- Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance, which are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.
- Westpac Motor Insurance, which is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850.
- Travel Insurance which is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708.
- Life and Income Protection Insurance, which are issued by Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (except for Term Life as Superannuation and Income Protection as Superannuation)
- Credit Card and Loan Repayment Insurance, which are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157
- The Bank can refer clients to Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz) for the following insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance:
- Caravan and Trailer Insurance, which is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850
- Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance, which is issued by Club Marine Limited ABN 12 007 588 347 (Club Marine), as agent for Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850
If you take out Caravan and Trailer Insurance with Allianz the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium. If you take out Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance with Club Marine the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium.
This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to see if the insurance is right for you.