Open an everyday account
- Access your money with a Westpac Debit Mastercard® 1
- Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
- No monthly account fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
- Westpac PayWear - a wearable that lets you pay on the go using the same contactless technology as your Debit Mastercard
- Option to open online as a joint account
2.50% p.a. for 3 months fixed rate Term Deposit
Only available through Online or Mobile Banking. Interest paid at maturity. Offer available from Monday 14th January 2019 to Sunday 27th January 2019, inclusive.
Terms and conditions apply* Find out more
Things you should know
* Important Information: Rate is available on deposits from $5,000 to $5,000,000. Personal customers only – not available for business, corporate, institutional or government customers. Special rate will only apply to new Term Deposits and excludes funds rolled over from existing Westpac Term Deposits. Rate applies for a single term. Higher or lower rates may apply for subsequent terms. Rate is not available in conjunction with any bonus interest or other special rates offered by Westpac. You must provide a minimum of 31 days’ notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply. This information does not take into account your personal needs, circumstances or financial objectives. Before making a decision, read the terms and conditions at westpac.com.au and consider if the product is right for you. © 2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
# $50 Offer: Excludes customers who hold or have held a Westpac Choice account at any time. You must be under 21, studying full-time or new to Australia (i.e. identify with a non-Australian ID and arrived in the last 12 months) to be eligible for the offer. To receive $50 credited to an everyday account, customers need to open a Choice account online or in an Australian Westpac branch between 18/01/19 and 27/02/19 (inclusive); deposit a minimum of $500 into their everyday account; AND make at least 5 eligible purchases with a Westpac debit card within 30 days of account opening. Eligible purchases include in-store purchases, online purchases, regular card payments, PayPass, and Google Pay transactions. Offer excludes ATM withdrawals as these are not eligible purchases. Customers will receive $50 deposited into their account within 45 days of account opening following identification verification. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per customer. Where a joint account is opened, if one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Bonus Interest: payable each month that you make a deposit to the account, ensure the account balance is higher at the end than the beginning of the month, and keep the account balance above $0. For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
3. eSaver: An introductory fixed bonus rate of 2.01% p.a. applies for the first 5 months, on top of the standard variable rate when you are a new Westpac eSaver customer. After 5 months, the standard variable interest rate, currently 0.50% p.a. will apply to your eSaver account.
More on term deposits:
Minimum balance of $5,000, maximum balance of $10,000,000. If the rate applying to your term deposit is a special or standard rate and your term deposit rolls over automatically, it may be automatically re-invested at a lower rate than the initial rate (including any initial special rate). An interest rate adjustment may apply if your term deposit funds are withdrawn before maturity.
Westpac Term Deposits are covered by the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee, capped at $250,000 per Westpac account holder.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.