Choose Westpac Choice for easy day-to-day banking
Our most popular bank account comes with a debit card for fast payments online and in store.
Spend securely with your debit Mastercard1
Add to your mobile or wearable wallet, buy in store and online, and withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide.2
Pay $0 monthly fee if you’re under 30
We lend a helping hand to under 30s and full-time tertiary students, by waiving your monthly account-keeping fees.
Make payments your way
Choice makes buying, paying, and withdrawing cash simple and convenient, even before you’ve received your debit card.
- Use the digital card in the Westpac App while waiting for the plastic one to arrive. The CVC refreshes every 24 hours for extra security
- Link your card to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay to make fast contactless payments with your mobile or wearable
- Get cash out of Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATMs without a card using the Westpac App⁶
See, review and authorise new PayTo7 payments before money leaves your account
Save time, apply online
Get up and running the fast way
Your Choice account could be active in less than 3 minutes.
Online banking guarantee
We’ll repay any funds missing from your account due to fraud, as long as you’ve complied with our T&Cs.4
Temporary card lock
If you’ve misplaced your debit card, you can immediately lock it while you look, in the Westpac App.3
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
For greater peace of mind, we can send a one-time SMS Code to your mobile to authorise online transactions and features.
Get the Westpac App for even easier banking
View and transfer funds fast
Quick Balance lets you view the balance of three main accounts and quickly transfer money without signing in.
Manage your cards in one place
Misplaced your card? Temporarily lock it while you’re looking, order a new one, or change your PIN, all in the app’s convenient Cards Hub.
Get sorted with in-app budget tools
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
This fee is waived for:
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
2. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals. A list of Global Alliance members is available. To ensure access to savings and/or cheque account funds when overseas obtain a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
5. Partner offers are subject to Terms and Conditions and may be varied or change at any time. Images are shown for illustrative purposes only.
6. Cardless cash: is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. To use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Fast or real-time payments are sent and received using Osko® by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko enabled accounts. BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.