Bank account & debit card
We have bank accounts for...
Not right? Try these
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
3. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
4. Google Pay: Read the Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Samsung Pay: Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Samsung Pay you will need to use a compatible phone with a supported operating system. Internet connection may be needed to make payments using Samsung Pay and normal mobile data charges apply.
6. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
7. Cardless cash: is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App to use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
# Fees and charges apply. Read the terms and conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Excludes customers who have held a Westpac Choice anytime from 20/8/17. Eligible customers need to open a new Westpac Choice account online between 20/8/18 and 5/10/18 (inclusive) and deposit a minimum of $250 within 45 days of account opening. Eligible customers who have completed ID verification will receive $50 deposited into their account within 60 days of account opening. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per eligible customer. Where a joint account is opened, the offer is limited to only one $50 deposit in respect of the account. If one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account. © Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.