Westpac Choice Joint Account
Why Westpac Choice joint account?
- You can both get a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100.
- There’s no Account-Keeping Fee when you deposit at least $2,000 each month
Such as having both your salaries paid into your joint account (other fees apply).
- ATM Network
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne or select Westpac Group partner ATMs) and ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance (other fees may apply). 2
Who can open a joint account?
Both account holders need to be:
- 14 years or older
- Currently living in Australia and have an Australian residential address.
You can make payments with
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search3
Digital Card Security
It’s a digital version of your card available 24/7 in the Westpac App. The 3-digit CVC security number changes daily to ensure your details are kept safe. Find out more
Westpac Protect™ Security Code
Increase your Online Banking security by using your Security Code to confirm certain transactions via the Westpac App or SMS
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee5 to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions
|Standard fees (fees may change)
|This fee is waived for:
Things you should know
- Debit Mastercard®: holders need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
- Global ATM: A 3% Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 3% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
- Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
- Google Pay: Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
- Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.