Westpac Choice account comes with the following services and features:
- Westpac Debit Mastercard® 1
- Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
- Westpac PayWear - a wearable that lets you pay on the go using the same contactless technology as your Debit Mastercard
- No monthly account fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
- Option to open online as a joint account.
Need to save?
Get an account that pays interest, along with your everyday account. Open both accounts in one go.
Things you should know
* 3% Foreign Transaction Fee applies
Interest is paid on balances in a Westpac 55+ and Retired account. Interest is not paid on balances in any Westpac Choice account.
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
1. Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
Information valid as at 31/10/2014 and subject to change. Fees and charges, terms and conditions apply.
*You will be required to complete an identity check prior to being able to make withdrawals from your account.
# $50 Offer: Excludes customers who hold or have held a Westpac Choice account at any time. You must be under 21, studying full-time or new to Australia (i.e. identify with a non-Australian ID and arrived in the last 12 months) to be eligible for the offer. To receive $50 credited to an everyday account, customers need to open a Choice account online or in an Australian Westpac branch between 18/01/19 and 27/02/19 (inclusive); deposit a minimum of $500 into their everyday account; AND make at least 5 eligible purchases with a Westpac debit card within 30 days of account opening. Eligible purchases include in-store purchases, online purchases, regular card payments, PayPass, and Google Pay transactions. Offer excludes ATM withdrawals as these are not eligible purchases. Customers will receive $50 deposited into their account within 45 days of account opening following identification verification. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per customer. Where a joint account is opened, if one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
View the most recent published Westpac financial statement, annual report, capital adequacy and risk disclosures.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.