Accessing money overseas
Find the right card to travel with
Things to keep in mind
- A Westpac Debit Mastercard® lets you access your own money to make purchases, wherever Mastercard is accepted. You can also use your Debit Mastercard to withdraw local currency from ATMs.
- For Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money in Australia from linked Savings or Cheque account, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to a Savings and/or Cheque account when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard for these accounts.
- A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- Some overseas banks may charge a fee for withdrawals. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network ATMs.
- The daily withdrawal limit for a Debit Mastercard and Handycard is A$1000. This limit can be increased to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a Westpac branch or calling Telephone Banking on 132 032 8am – 8pm Sydney time.
- Access to Westpac online services is blocked in certain locations.
Keeping your money safe
Things you should know
You should read the Westpac Worldwide Wallet Product Disclosure Statement, Online Banking Terms and Conditions, and Westpac Retail and Business Banking Financial Services Guide before making a decision and consider whether these products are appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire these products.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
Information will be disclosed to third parties about you and your Product, or transactions made by you with the Product, as necessary for the service provision or as required by law. Westpac’s Privacy Statement explains our commitment to the protection of your personal information or you can learn more by calling 132 032.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
1. Other banks’ ATM fees. Some banks may also apply a surcharge or fee to withdrawals from their ATMs. This should usually be drawn to your attention before you proceed with your transaction. This surcharge or fee amount will be added to your withdrawal amount.