Accessing money overseas
Want to save on overseas ATM withdrawal fees?
Get $50 on us with a new travel money card.*
Min load. T&Cs apply.
A Global Currency Card can make managing your travel money a breeze
- Use your card when you travel to shop and get money out
- Lock in your exchange rate in advance
- No withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas1
- Avoid the 3% foreign transaction fee2
- Top up your card instantly in Online Banking
- Load up to 5 currencies out of a choice of 11
Different ways to access your money
Travel money card
Our Global Currency Card is a reloadable card you can use to make payments and access cash in over 180 countries
It’s always handy to have some local currency with you when you travel for those ‘money can buy’ moments
Access your own money in more places to pay for things or get out cash with added security
Things to keep in mind
- A Westpac Debit Mastercard® lets you access your own money to make purchases, wherever Mastercard is accepted. You can also use your Debit Mastercard to withdraw local currency from ATMs.
- You can use your Handycard to withdraw local currency from selected ATMS where Cirrus is accepted.
- For Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money in Australia from linked Savings or Cheque account, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to a Savings and/or Cheque account when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard for these accounts.
- A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- Some overseas banks may charge a fee for withdrawals. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network ATMs.
- The daily withdrawal limit for a Debit Mastercard and Handycard is A$1000. This limit can be increased to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a Westpac branch or calling Telephone Banking on 132 032.
- You may wish to carry some Foreign cash to make it easier to pay for incidental expenses like fares and tips.
Keeping your money safe
Things you should know
Information is current as at 16 January 2019. You should read the Westpac Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the distributor of the Product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the Westpac Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the Product only, and does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee the Product or Card, your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this Product or Card. Amounts held on the Product do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group. Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac Global Currency Card app and Westpac Online and Mobile banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
We support Apple iPhone iOS 10 and above and Android™ 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Mastercard, PayPass and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
BPAY is ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
* AUD 50 Cashback: Offer opens 1st August 9:00am AEST and closes 11:59pm AEST on 30th September 2019. Offer is open to all residents of Australia aged 16 years or older. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Westpac Group employees are eligible to receive this offer. To be eligible for this offer, customers need to open a new Westpac Global Currency Card Account (“Westpac GCC”) either via Online or Mobile Banking, load and convert $1,500 AUD or more into a supported foreign currency on the Westpac GCC before 11:59pm AEST on 30th September 2019. Eligible customers will receive $50 AUD cashback onto their Westpac Currency Card between 6-8 weeks after the offer end date, the account needs to remain open for 8 weeks after the offer end date so that we can credit your account. Offer limited to one $50 AUD cashback per eligible Westpac Global Currency Card Account.
Debit Mastercard® holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
1. No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Exchange Fee applies to overseas transactions in a currency other than a Supported Currency.