Why Debit Mastercard?
- Shop online or in person worldwide with your own money
- Use contactless technology to pay for everyday purchases with ease and convenience
- Make purchases with Android PayTM by simply tapping your mobile at contactless terminals 1
- Link up to 2 eligible Westpac bank accounts to your Debit Mastercard
- Westpac PayWear - a wearable that lets you pay on the go using the same contactless technology as your Debit Mastercard
No ATM withdrawal fees
Pay no withdrawal fees at over 3,000 Westpac Group ATMs across Australia – and over 50,000 worldwide, through our Global ATM Alliance
Use cardless cash3 to withdraw cash from any Westpac Group ATM without needing your card. On iPhone, Android and Windows Phone
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee4
With Westpac’s Added Online Security Service, from time to time you will need to enter a unique ‘One Time Password’. You will receive your unique password via SMS or email6, when purchasing online with participating retailers who have been verified by Mastercard®.
Which Westpac accounts are eligible?
Your Westpac Debit Mastercard® can be attached to up to 2 of these eligible Westpac accounts:
Eligibility criteria apply to the Westpac Choice, Westpac Choice - Under 21s, Westpac Choice - full time tertiary students, Westpac Choice - concession holders and Westpac 55+ and Retired accounts.
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 16 years of age and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you’re not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, you can apply for a Handycard to access your account.
Introducing Priceless Sydney, a unique collection of experiences curated exclusively for Mastercard cardholders. From dining, shopping and sporting opportunities to exciting hotel and entertainment offers, the best of Sydney is waiting at PricelessSydney.com.au.
Things you should know
1. Android Pay: Read the Android Pay Terms and Conditions . Available for eligible Mastercard holders. To use Android Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system. Compatible mobile devices include Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3(N9005 model).
2. Other fees and charges may be payable. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards.
3. Cardless cash: Get Cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. To use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
4. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions, provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
5. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
6. If you don't provide us with a correct mobile number or email address, you may not be able to proceed with your online transaction at participating online retailers.
Android, Android Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.. World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.