Why Debit Mastercard?
ATM network at home and overseas
No ATM withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia and around the world via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply)2
Cardless cash without ATM fees
Use cardless cash3 to withdraw cash from any in Australia without needing your debit card - using iPhone, Android and Windows Phone
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 monitoring for fraudulent transactions and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee4
With Westpac’s Added Online Security Service, from time to time you will need to enter a unique ‘One Time Password’. You will receive your unique password via SMS or email6, when purchasing online with participating retailers who have been verified by Mastercard®.
Which Westpac accounts are eligible?
Your Westpac Debit Mastercard®can be linked to up to 2 of these transaction accounts. Choose the account that matches your circumstances to find out more:
Eligibility criteria apply to these accounts.
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
You need to be at least 14 years old and have an Australian residential address, to be eligible for one of these debit cards.
What’s the difference between debit cards and credit cards?
Both debit cards and credit cards can be used for instore and online purchases and setting up direct debits, but the way they work is different. When you use a debit card, you’re spending money that’s in your linked bank account.
Are debit cards free?
There’s no annual card fee for your Debit Mastercard, however account keeping fees may apply. Westpac does not charge fees for domestic purchases and withdrawals at participating ATMs. Cash withdrawals are free at ATMs around the world via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs, though foreign transactions fees will apply.
Introducing Priceless Sydney, a unique collection of experiences curated exclusively for Mastercard cardholders. From dining, shopping and sporting opportunities to exciting hotel and entertainment offers, the best of Sydney is waiting at www.priceless.com.
Things you should know
1. Apple Pay and Google Pay: Read the or the Google Pay before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay or Google Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system.
3. Cardless cash: Get Cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
4. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions, provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
5. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign into Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
6. If you don't provide us with a correct mobile number or email address, you may not be able to proceed with your online transaction at participating online retailers.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.