- A choice of more than 3,000 ATMs throughout Australia where no ATM withdrawal fee applies
- Shop with your money, online or in person, worldwide
- Pay for everyday purchases under $100 with the ease and convenience of contactless technology
- You can link up to 2 eligible Westpac bank accounts to your Debit Mastercard
- If your debit card is lost or stolen you can still get your cash out from Westpac ATMs on eligible accounts. Just call us anytime on 132 032 and ask for Emergency Cash
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, you can apply for a Handycard to access your account if you are 12 years of age or older.
Fees and charges may apply for some transactions using your Debit Mastercard. Please check the terms and conditions for full details.
Access to our Global ATM alliance where you can get cash without paying the withdrawal fee1 at more than 50,000 ATMs
Which Westpac accounts are eligible?
Your Westpac Debit Mastercard® can be attached to up to 2 of these eligible Westpac accounts:
Transaction and savings accounts
Home loan and investment property loans
Credit criteria and other eligibility criteria apply to credit card accounts. Eligibility criteria apply to the Westpac Choice, Westpac Choice - Under 21s, Westpac Choice - full time tertiary students, Westpac Choice - concession holders and Westpac 55+ and Retired accounts.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly2.
How can you get added security?
Select credit when using your Debit Mastercard (instead of savings or cheque) and get:
- Greater protection from fraud – with the fraud detection system, which alerts you to unusual card activity
- Chargeback protection – lets you reverse transactions when you've been overcharged or don’t receive your goods
- PIN or pen – option to sign or use your PIN
- Coverage against unauthorised purchases – provided you notify us promptly and did not contribute to the loss
- With Westpac’s Added Online Security Service, from time to time you will need to enter a unique ‘One Time Password’, which you will receive via SMS or email, when purchasing online with participating merchants. Please make sure that you and any additional cardholders mobile and email details are up to date
Introducing Priceless Sydney, a unique collection of experiences curated exclusively for Mastercard cardholders. From dining, shopping and sporting opportunities to exciting hotel and entertainment offers, the best of Sydney is waiting at PricelessSydney.com.au.
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
Things you should know
1. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
2. Refer to the Westpac Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.