Accessibility at our Branches & ATMs
We’re making our branches and ATM’s easier to access.
Accessibility at our Branches
Design of our branches include:
You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator, and selecting the filter option for ‘Disabled access’ in the advanced search options on our website. On the Westpac Live mobile app, you can search via the ‘Nearest ATM.’ Please note this feature is not currently accessible to customers who use voice over on their smart devices, however we are working to correct this.
- Power-assisted entry doors for customers with prams or mobility requirements or in a wheelchair
- Service counters at seated level
- Interview rooms on ground floor
- Flexible height brochure displays
- Contrasting signage for easy recognition
- Talking ATMs
- Hearing loops for hearing aids
Communicating with the banker:
- Our Customer Care unit is open 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week from anywhere in Australia. Our people are trained to support you to meet your financial goals and understand the accessibility requirements of our customers. You can find all our Personal banking contact numbers on our website.
- You can also contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS) an Australian Government initiative that offers an Australia-wide phone service for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. It is available to everyone at no additional charge.
Accessibility at our ATMs
You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator.
All Westpac Group ATMs have audio capability. Our “Talking ATMs” give clear verbal instructions and provide confirmation of your selections at each step. To find a talking ATM, select the filter option “Audio ATM” in the advanced search options of our websites. On the Westpac Live mobile app, you can search via the “Nearest ATM”.
- All ATM PIN pads have a raised centre key “#5” to allow users to locate the key positions.
- The audio instructions provide alternate PIN pad numbers for each step e.g.; “to withdraw press #3 which is located…” rather than using the touchscreen or buttons on the side of the screen.
- All ATMs are compatible with a standard 3.5mm earpiece to listen to instructions and screen text.
- We’ve reduced the number of screens and steps to do cash withdrawal to make it easier to use our ATMs.
- We will remember your account and receipt selections for the next time you make cash withdrawal and the option to also save a favourite cash amount.
- All ATM transaction screens comply with accessibility standards including screen contrast and font size.
- Wherever possible, ATMs are height and reach accessible from a seated position including PIN pad, card reader and screen.
- Wherever possible, most of our locations with an ATM are accessible by wheelchair.
- You can use cardless cash feature through our mobile banking Apps to pre-stage a withdrawal. You receive a 6 digit code (valid for 3 hours) you can use at any Westpac Group ATM.