I can see my card in Samsung Pay but my transaction is declined. Why?
If your Samsung Pay transaction is declined, check if the message ‘Verification Needed’ appears on the card in the Samsung Pay app. If that message is displayed, you’ll need to complete verification by requesting a one-time passcode. You will not be able to use Samsung Pay until you have completed verification.
Some other possible reasons why the transaction is declined even though the card still appears in the Samsung Pay app include:
- An incorrect PIN has been entered at the terminal when prompted
- You don’t have an internet connection and a new Token Key is required for a Visa card
- Your card has been temporarily locked
- Your card or the transaction account has insufficient funds for the transaction
- You have reached your set daily payment limit
- The terminal does not support contactless payments
- The payment terminal is a Mag Stripe Terminal (MST). Westpac declines Samsung Pay payments made to MST. Use your physical card at MSTs instead.