I can see my card in Google Pay but my transaction is declining. Why?
Some possible reasons for why the transaction is declining even though the mobile card still appears in the Google Pay app include:
- The terminal does not support contactless payments
- You don’t have an internet connection and a new Token Key is required;
- Your Near Field Communications (NFC) is switched off on your mobile device
- Your card has been temporarily locked
- Your card or the transaction account has insufficient funds or limit for the transaction
- An incorrect card PIN has been entered at the terminal when prompted.