I can see my card in Google Pay but my transaction is declining. Why?
If your Google Pay transaction is declined, check if the message ‘Verification Needed’ is displayed below the card in the Google Pay wallet. If that message is displayed, you’ll need to complete verification by requesting a one-time passcode. You will not be able to use Google Pay until you have completed verification.
Some other possible reasons for why the transaction is declining even though the mobile card still appears in the Google Pay app include:
- The terminal does not support contactless payments
- You don’t have an internet connection and a new Token Key is required;
- Your Near Field Communications (NFC) is switched off on your mobile device
- Your card is not activated, has been blocked or closed
- Your card has expired and you have not yet activated your re-issued card
- Your card or the transaction account has insufficient funds or limit for the transaction
- An incorrect card PIN has been entered at the terminal