What is Cardless Cash?
Cardless Cash is a feature of Westpac Mobile Banking that allows you to withdraw cash from Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATMs without a card or get cash to others by sending them a cash code to use.
To use Cardless Cash you need to:
a) Have an eligible transaction account with a linked debit card, handycard or credit card
b) Be registered for Westpac Mobile Banking
c) Be registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
To use Cardless Cash you first need to generate a cash code in Westpac Mobile Banking:
- Open the Westpac Mobile Banking App
- Tap 'Cardless Cash'
- Sign into Cardless Cash with your Westpac Online banking credentials
- Complete the one time set up by accepting the Terms and Conditions and completing Secure Code SMS authentication
- Once set up, choose an eligible transaction account to withdraw money from, the amount and press 'Go'
- Find a Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM or send the cash code to family and friends
- To collect the cash, press 'OK' on the ATM, enter the cash code and amount to withdraw your cash (the code expires after 3 hours)
- Eligible transaction accounts include: Westpac Choice Accounts, Westpac 55+ and Retired, Westpac Choice eAccount, Classic, Classic Plus, Personal Cheque, Basic Account, Westpac One, Westpac One Basic and Westpac One Premium
- You can withdraw up to $500 a day and $1,000 a week without a card. This is in addition to your card limits.
- You cannot make more than 3 cardless withdrawals a day.
- Customers are covered if their online or mobile banking credentials are compromised and used to make a cardless withdrawal under 'Westpac Protect' - our online and mobile banking security guarantee.
Which smartphones are supported?
- Apple - iOS 7.0 and above
- Android - 4.0.3 and above
- Windows - Windows 8