Tick off your wish list with an Altitude Platinum credit card
The important numbers
Uncapped points earn rate: 0.5 Velocity or Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases6
Annual card fee: $0 for the first year, currently saving you $150+
Annual rewards fee: $0 if you choose Altitude Rewards; $50 if you choose Altitude Velocity or Altitude Qantas
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
Minimum credit limit: $6,000
Minimum income required: $30,000
Altitude Points earn rate on eligible purchases, uncapped:<
- Earn 3 points per dollar<< spent on the first $10,000 per calendar month on flights purchased in Australia directly with Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter.
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent< overseas and with Spotify Premium, Airbnb, Uber and Uber Eats plus overseas transactions.
- Earn 1 Point per dollar< on all other everyday eligible purchases.
Why choose the Altitude Platinum credit card?
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
24/7 personal concierge services
Dedicated Westpac Concierge services are on-call 24/7 to fulfil your requests, from restaurant bookings and party planning, to tickets to your favourite game.
Some of your favourite brands are now more rewarding
Earn more points at the places you use your card every day and when you travel. It won’t be long before you’re turning everyday activities into your next unforgettable holiday.<
Special offer for a limited time
Enjoy 80,000 bonus Altitude Rewards points or 60,000 bonus Qantas or Velocity Points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on a new Altitude Platinum credit card within 90 days from card approval.^
Plus pay no annual card fee for the first year. Currently saving you $150.+Offer excludes customers who hold/held any Westpac Rewards credit card in the last 12 months. New cards only. Offer ends 5th August 2020. T&Cs apply.
-Fees and charges
-Cash or ATM cash advances
-Cash equivalent transactions
-Payments to the Australian Tax Office
-BPAY ® or similar transactions
-Balance transfers debited from the card account
Your choice of rewards program
Frequently asked questions
Spotify Premium (monthly Spotify subscriptions) purchases made at Spotify’s Australian website, are eligible for Accelerated Earn. Ticket purchases or merchandise purchased through Spotify are not eligible for Accelerated Earn Bonus Points.
As a current Westpac Altitude Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided:
- You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
- You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
- You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
Transit accident insurance4
The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Transit accident insurance policy (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained overseas while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance4
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of purchases in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Extended warranty insurance4
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
|Annual card fee||
|Annual rewards program fee||
Altitude Rewards: $0
Altitude Velocity: $50
Altitude Qantas: $50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150; an additional $2.50 charge applies if account has a positive balance after the transaction). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
As of 1 May 2020, Westpac Concierge and Emergency Travel Assistance will no longer be available through Westpac Platinum Credit Cards.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
First Year Annual Card Fee Waiver: is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 1 April and 5 August 2020. The first annual card fee will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your card account and annually thereafter.
^Bonus Rewards Points Promotion for Westpac Altitude Cards: The respective bonus points promotion is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 1 April 2020 and 5 August 2020 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, government charges, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Altitude Points, Qantas Points or Velocity Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Qantas or Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas or Velocity Points balance on a monthly basis.
< Rewards points & eligible purchases: How you earn and redeem Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, government charges, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
< Rewards points: How you earn and redeem Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity.
<< Accelerated Earn - Flights: Earn 6 points per dollar on the first $10,000 spent on flights per calendar month, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Black Mastercard. Or earn 3 points per dollar on the first $10,000 on flights per calendar month, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Points earn applies to flights purchased in Australia directly with the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity. Participating airlines are subject to change.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Velocity: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Velocity Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.