Help gets you soaring
The important numbers
Annual card fee: $0 for the first year, currently saving you $150.2
Variable purchase rate: 20.24% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 20.74% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
Minimum credit limit: $6,000
Why choose the Altitude Platinum credit card?
Uncapped rewards points 3
Earn points for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
SmartPlan repayments 4
Break the cost of purchases over $500 into manageable monthly instalments within Online Banking.
Complimentary insurance covers 5
Enjoy cover for overseas travel as set out in the policy.
Special offer for a limited time
Enjoy 75,000 bonus bonus Qantas or Altitude points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on a new Altitude Platinum credit card within 90 days from card approval.1
$0 annual card fee for the first year (currently saving you $150)2 Offer ends 27th November 2018. New cards only.
Your choice of rewards program
Choose the rewards program to suit you.
Opt in for either Altitude Points or Qantas Points, and earn points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases.
A $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Frequently asked questions
Overseas travel insurance (see policy for details)
- Specified medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas
- Up to $15,000 per person cover for loss or damage to personal property
- Up to $550 per person for loss or damage to travel documents
- Limit of $2.5 million of personal liability cover
- Up to $5,000 rental vehicle excess cover as specified in the policy for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
Transit accident insurance
Up to $250,000 transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the journey using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of personal items purchased in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Extended warranty insurance
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using your either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
|Annual card fee||
$0 annual card fee for the first year (saving $150)+
|Qantas Rewards fee||
Applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150; an additional $2.50 charge applies if account has a positive balance after the transaction). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on westpac.com.au. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time. Read the Terms and Conditions available for download above before making a decision and consider if the product is right for you.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
1. Bonus points promotion: The respective bonus points promotion is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 9th August 2018 and 27th November 2018 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Altitude Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
2. No annual card fee in the first year: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 9th August 2018 and 27th November 2018. The first annual card fee will be debited to your card account on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your card account and annually thereafter. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies if Altitude Qantas rewards program is selected.
3. Qantas Points and Altitude Points: Depending on your choice of rewards program, you can earn Altitude Points or Qantas Points on your eligible purchases. The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn or redeem points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points in payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Qantas & Partner Classic Reward Seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination. Some flights may not have any Classic Reward seats available. For Classic Reward flights, taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply).
Flight Upgrades are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Flight upgrades are not available on Classic Rewards or on international airfares booked in E, N, O, P, Q, and X class (which includes some Any Seat Rewards and some Red e-Deals). You must have an eligible paid and confirmed ticket on a Qantas operated service (with a QF flight number on your ticket).
Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Rewards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required will be quoted when booked. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charges by the applicable airline for a seat and the points required to redeem an Any Seat Reward through Qantas Frequent Flyer. Special promotional fares may not apply. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advanced booking requirements may apply). For more information see qantas.com/frequentflyer. The Jetstar Any Seat Rewards booking service is operated by Carlson Marketing Group (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Carlson Leisure Travel Service Licence No. 2TA 5778, IATA 02-3-59523.
For more information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, visit qantas.com/frequentflyer.
4. SmartPlan requires monthly payments to be made for the term calculated and at the applicable interest rate when the SmartPlan is entered into. All payments made to your account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments. Therefore debts accruing a higher interest rate maybe left unpaid during the SmartPlan term. Your balance transfer must have a maximum of 36 months and a remaining term of at least 3 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See SmartPlan Terms and Conditions available for download above for more details.
5. Complimentary insurance cover: AWP Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066, trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 Westpac) of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 that allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by downloading the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
© 2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.