Altitude Rewards Black
At a glance
Annual card fee
||Annual Altitude Rewards Program fee|
||Variable purchase rate|
|21.49% p.a.||Variable cash advance rate|
||Minimum credit limit|
|$75,000 p.a.||Minimum income required|
|6 pts/$||On Qantas, Jetstar, Singapore Airlines and Emirates flights bought in Australia, eligibility criteria apply.1|
|2 pts/$||at Spotify Premium, David Jones, Myer, THE ICONIC, Airbnb, Uber and Uber Eats<<<|
|1.25 pts/$6||On all other eligible purchases†|
Get up to 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points
Get up to 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points^ — 100,000 Rewards Points in year 1 if you spend $6k+ on eligible purchases† within 120 days of new card approval and an extra 50,000 points after your first eligible purchase in year 2.
You can redeem 150,000 Altitude Rewards Points for up to $700 in eGift cards at a range of retailers or choose merchandise from our online store5.
Already with Westpac? Sign in to apply for a $99** card fee for the first year (reverts to $295 thereafter).
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
Why choose Altitude Rewards Black card?
Our Altitude Rewards program has no rewards fee and plenty of flexibility in how you can use your points. Choose from retail gift cards, cashback, a range of partner airlines, our own online store or our unique 'Pay by Points’ feature. Plus, you’ll earn points at a higher rate when shopping with select partners.<<<
Other reasons to choose
Take control of your money within the Westpac App
Powerful money management tools in the palm of your hand.
Get spend and cash flow insights
Manage your cards in one place
Order a new card, change your pin or temporarily lock your card if you misplace it, all in the app’s convenient Cards Hub.
View and transfer funds fast
Quick Balance lets you view the balance of three main accounts and quickly transfer money without signing in.
Standard rates and fees
Annual card fee
|Annual Rewards Program fee||Altitude Rewards: $0|
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
3% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Alternative credit cards
Altitude Rewards Platinum card
Pay a lower annual card fee and still earn Altitude Rewards Points (at a lower rate), as well as enjoy complimentary insurances.
Frequently asked questions
Priority Pass Lounge
If you choose Altitude Rewards you can register your Altitude Black Mastercard to receive 2 complimentary lounge visits per year to use at more than 1000 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
^Bonus Altitude Points Promotion Altitude Black: To be eligible for up to 150,000 bonus Altitude Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Black Rewards credit card with Altitude Rewards between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. You will receive an initial 100,000 bonus points if you spend $6k or more on eligible purchases within 120 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria. You will receive an additional 50,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active. If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 120 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 100,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 50,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
##Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Rewards Black: The discounted first year card fee of $150 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Rewards Black credit card between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. After the first year, the card fee reverts to $295 thereafter, and will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the Card Fee date.
**Existing Customers Only - Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Rewards Black: The discounted first year card fee of $99 is available for existing Westpac customers when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Rewards Black credit card between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. After the first year, the card fee reverts to $295 thereafter, and will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the Card Fee date.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
The Westpac Extras program is subject to the at Westpac.com.au/extras. Offers will also be subject to their own terms and conditions.
1. Accelerated Earn - Flights: Earn 6 points per dollar on the first $10,000 spent on flights per calendar month, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Black Mastercard. Or earn 3 points per dollar on the first $10,000 on flights per calendar month, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Points earn applies to flights purchased in Australia directly with the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas, Altitude Velocity and Visa cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
<<< Accelerated Earn - Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity. Participating merchants are subject to change.
5. Converting Altitude Points: You can redeem the points earned on your Altitude Black Altitude Rewards credit card for cash back or gift cards via the Altitude Rewards website. The estimated cashback and gift card value in above examples are based on current redemption rates as at 2nd November 2023 and is subject to change without notification. All redemption of Altitude Rewards points are subject to availability and the .
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
2. Interest free period is available when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance if you have a Balance Transfer, a SmartPlan or a PartPay Card) in full by the payment due date.
Concierge Services for Altitude Black. Concierge services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com
3. Complimentary Lounge Passes
Priority Pass Membership: Complimentary Priority Pass membership is available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. It requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
Qantas Club Complimentary Lounge Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantas.com/joinffwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes Two complimentary single-entry Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes are available to Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard cardholders each year. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the , you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia every year on your Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard from your card open date. You will become eligible upon card activation in your first year and then each anniversary thereafter. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airport locations and entry is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Lounge Pass Conditions and Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions which are subject to change from time to time.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
8. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder. No additional cardholders allowed on Flex Card.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Samsung Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Samsung Pay FAQs for more information. Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Google Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Google Pay FAQs for more information. Google Pay is a trademarks of Google Inc.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the card's for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.