Our Altitude Black credit card brings you a high, uncapped points earn rate with your preferred rewards program, airport lounge access3, complimentary insurances4 and other black card benefits.
Choose your rewards program:
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.westpac.com.au. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible on Westpac issued cards. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
^Bonus Rewards Points Promotion for Westpac Altitude Cards: The respective bonus points promotion is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card between 17th June 2019 and 15th October 2019 and spend the minimum amount of $4,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Black card or $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions.
Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Altitude Points, Qantas Points or Velocity Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Qantas or Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas or Velocity Points balance on a monthly basis.
2. Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard Status Credits: Receive 50 Velocity Status Credits when you spend a minimum of $10,000 on eligible purchases on your Altitude Black Velocity Rewards credit card within the first 12 months from card approval. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers. The Status Credits will be added to your Velocity account within 10 days once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply, please visit velocityfrequentflyer.com for more information.
* Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers Two complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers (for eligible domestic flights only) are available to Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard primary cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard every year from card open date. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Economy X Seat Upgrades are available to other passengers travelling on the same itinerary with the primary cardholder. To redeem, book an eligible domestic flight on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard, then call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight to apply your Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers. You can find out if your flight is eligible by calling Virgin Australia on 1300 038 373.
Voucher benefits cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. The flight on which the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher is redeemed may be part of a multi-flight itinerary but the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can be applied to only one flight sector. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. Economy X seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. All travel is subject to the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No Velocity Points or Status Credits will be awarded for Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions.
Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemption is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions. All travel is subject to the Economy X Standard Terms and Conditions.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Qantas Points and Velocity Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. For example: payments to the Australian Taxation Office, cash advances, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions do not earn Reward Points. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Velocity: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Velocity Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees apply. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non airfare products, Qantas Freight and Qantas Staff Travel. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit qantas.com/terms.
3. Complimentary lounge passes disclaimers:
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantaspoints.com/ffjoinwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
Priority Pass Membership: Available to primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. To enrol, go to prioritypass.com/westpacblack. Lounge usage in excess of two visits per 12-month membership period and all guest visits will be charged directly to your Altitude Black card at the prevailing visit fee which is currently US$27 per person, per visit. From 1 October 2019, visit fees will increase to US$32. The first two visits within each 12-month membership period are complimentary to the primary cardholder only, after which every visit would be charged as per the prevailing rates. Any accompanying guests will be charged the prevailing visit fee, which is currently US$27 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged on the cardholder's Altitude Black card. From 1 October 2019, guest visit fees will increase to US$32. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Prices are current as of June 2019. The date of visits determines which year of membership the visit is allocated to. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following 12-month period of membership. The number of free visits will be reset to two per each 12-month period. If you have enquiries about the Priority Pass program, contact Priority Pass by visiting the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com. For full details on terms and conditions, visit Priority Pass website at prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm.
Virgin Australia Lounge Passes Two complimentary single entry Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes are available to Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia every year on your Altitude Black Mastercard from your card open date. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airport locations and entry is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Lounge Pass Conditions and Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions and is subject to change from time to time.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518