Let’s recap on your choice of an Altitude Qantas Platinum card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Ongoing annual card fee||$150 (+ $50 Annual Altitude Qantas program fee)|
|Variable purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Minimum credit limit||$6,000|
75,000 bonus Altitude Qantas Points
75,000 bonus Altitude Qantas Points with $4k+ spend on eligible purchases† within 90 days of card approval++.
0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfer>> when requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies. After 24 months, rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Plus, a reduced first year card fee of $49 ($150 thereafter)*. A $50 annual Qantas rewards fee still applies.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $ spent on eligible purchases†, up to $100,000 p.a.⁶
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances⁴
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases²
- A lower annual card fee than our Altitude Qantas Black card
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our low rate cards
- A higher annual card fee than our non-rewards cards
- Our Low Rate and Low Fee cards offer up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Doesn’t offer complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes or Concierge Services
- $50 Annual Altitude Qantas program fee isn’t charged on Westpac Altitude Rewards cards
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
++Bonus Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Platinum: To qualify for the bonus points you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Qantas Platinum or Altitude Velocity Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022 and spend the minimum amount of $4,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Velocity Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Points or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
>>Altitude Platinum and Altitude Black Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period unless the amount is paid off earlier. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
*Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Platinum: The discounted first year card fee of $49 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis. Points are uncapped until 1 January 2022.
From 1 January 2022: For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap. For more information view the .
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.