Altitude Qantas Platinum
At a glance
|$150||Ongoing annual card fee|
||Annual Altitude Qantas program fee|
||Variable purchase rate|
|21.49% p.a.||Variable cash advance rate|
||Minimum credit limit|
|$30,000 p.a.||Minimum income required|
|0.5||Qantas Points6 per $ on eligible purchases†|
See below for standard rates and fees.
Love bonus Qantas Points?
Get this card and on top of Altitude Platinum benefits you’ll get:
60,000 bonus Qantas Points with $3k+ spend on eligible purchases† within 90 days of card approval>.
0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers>> when requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies. After 18 months the rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate.
Plus, a discounted annual card fee of $99 in year 1 ($150 afterwards)++. Note a $50 Qantas annual rewards fee still applies.
New cards only. Bonus points offer not available if you’ve held a Westpac rewards card in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
Why choose Altitude Qantas Platinum card?
Other reasons to choose
On top of Apple Pay, Samsung PayTM and Google Pay, you can use our Instant Digital Card from the moment your account is opened. No need to wait for a physical card.
Add a second cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost5.
From verifying suspicious transactions to our fraud money back guarantee, we aim to keep you protected.
Could this credit card be suitable for you?
It could be if:
- You’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) member
- You see the value in paying a higher annual card fee than our Low fee or Low Rate cards to earn Qantas Points directly to your QFF account, as well as take advantage of our complimentary insurances
- You’re likely to repay your purchases off in full most months (minimising the interest you’ll be charged)
There may be better options if:
- You don’t repay your purchases in full most months, consider our Low Rate cards
- You want the balance transfer offer to pay off other cards, but think you’ll take longer than the offer period to repay it, consider other balance transfer offers, or our personal loans
- You are willing to not earn Qantas Points so the annual card fee is lower, but still want complimentary insurances, consider Altitude Rewards Platinum
Standard rates and fees
|Ongoing annual card fee||
|Ongoing annual rewards program fee||Altitude Qantas: $50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
If the card has a negative balance after the transaction: 2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150).
If the card has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50
These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Alternative credit cards
Frequently asked questions
Westpac will not cancel your other Card Account(s). If your aim is to pay down your balances and reduce the number of credit cards you hold, it may be helpful to cancel your old card account(s) once the balance transfer is complete so you don’t use them and accrue more debt. You can cancel a credit card online or over the phone (although you are still liable to pay off any balance).
As a current Westpac Altitude Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided:
- You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
- You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
- You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance 4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
Transit accident insurance 4
The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Transit accident insurance policy (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained overseas while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance 4
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of purchases in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Extended warranty insurance 4
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Before you apply
To improve the likelihood your application is approved and in a timely manner, please read this section carefully before applying. Please note that we cannot process new credit applications while a COVID-19 relief package is applied to your account. If you wish to proceed with an application, you will first have to request a withdrawal from the package through Online Banking or call us on 132 032. For more information please visit our COVID-19 customer support webpage.
As part of reviewing your application we look at the information on your credit report, which is produced by an independent credit bureau. This report shows a snapshot of your liabilities, available credit, and your repayment behaviour for these accounts. To learn more about credit reporting in Australia visit www.westpac.com.au/ccr.
It’s a good idea to view your own credit report and check your details are correct before starting your application. You can do this for free by visiting the credit bureau website directly, or via CreditSmart.org.au. We work with three bureaus: Equifax, illion and Experian, so you might like to check the report produced by each of them.
Before starting your application, make sure you have everything in the list below:
If you’re an existing Westpac customer, you’ll also need to:
Any errors in the details you provide could delay your process, or even mean you are declined. Again, checking against your credit report can help here.
Every time you apply for any form of credit, your credit history is checked by the credit provider. This is listed as an enquiry on your report. Multiple applications can be seen as a red flag and reduce your chances of approval.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
>>Altitude Platinum Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 31st March 2021 and 7th September 2021, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period unless the amount is paid off earlier. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
++Reduced First year Annual Card Fee: The discounted first year annual card fee of $99 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 31st March 2021 and 7th September 2021. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
>Bonus Altitude, Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Platinum: To qualify for the bonus points you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 31st March 2021 and 7th September 2021 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Altitude Points, Velocity Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Points or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
5. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Samsung Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Samsung Pay FAQs for more information. Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Google Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Google Pay FAQs for more information. Google Pay is a trademarks of Google Inc.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the card's for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518