Altitude Qantas Platinum
75,000 bonus Altitude Qantas Points
75,000 bonus Altitude Qantas Points with $4k+ spend on eligible purchases† within 90 days of card approval++.
0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfer>> when requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies. After 24 months, rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Plus, a reduced first year annual card fee of $49 ($150 thereafter)*. Already with Westpac? Sign in and apply and we’ll waive your first year annual card fee>>>. A $50 annual Qantas rewards fee still applies.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
At a glance
|$150||Ongoing annual card fee|
||Annual Altitude Qantas program fee|
||Variable purchase rate|
|21.49% p.a.||Variable cash advance rate|
||Minimum credit limit|
|$30,000 p.a.||Minimum income required|
|0.5||Qantas Points per $ on eligible purchases†, up to $100,000 p.a.6|
See below for standard rates and fees.
Why choose Altitude Qantas Platinum card?
Could this credit card be suitable for you?
It could be if:
- You’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) member
- You see the value in paying a higher annual card fee than our Low fee or Low Rate cards to earn Qantas Points directly to your QFF account, as well as take advantage of our complimentary insurances
- You’re likely to repay your purchases off in full most months (minimising the interest you’ll be charged)
There may be better options if:
- You don’t repay your purchases in full most months, consider our Low Rate cards
- You want the balance transfer offer to pay off other cards, but think you’ll take longer than the offer period to repay it, consider other balance transfer offers, or our personal loans
- You are willing to not earn Qantas Points so the annual card fee is lower, but still want complimentary insurances, consider Altitude Rewards Platinum
Standard rates and fees
|Ongoing annual card fee||
|Ongoing annual rewards program fee||Altitude Qantas: $50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
3.0% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Alternative credit cards
Frequently asked questions
There are a few things you can do to better manage your credit card balance and enjoy the rewards and benefits offered by this card.
For example, say you apply for the card and are approved with a credit limit of $10,000 and a balance transfer of $6,000. You have $4,000 remaining to spend on everyday purchases and you spend $2,000 on average each month.
- To pay no interest on your balance transfer you need to pay it off before the promotional period ends. For example, say you decide to pay your $6,000 balance off in equal monthly instalments over 24 months. This means you’d pay $250 each month over the 24-month promotional period>>.
- Get interest-free days on your purchases with a balance transfer when you pay off your new purchases plus any fees in full each month (called the ‘Monthly Payment Balance’ on your statement). For example, you spend $2,000 each month. You’ll need to pay the $2,000 in full plus any fees or interest incurred, by the due date to get up to 45 days interest free.
- Earn Qantas Points on your everyday purchases. You can also earn 75,000 bonus Qantas Points if you spend at least $4,000 within the first 90 days. Based on our example where you spend $2,000 a month, that would take around 2 months++.
- Putting everything together. So to pay your balance transfer down, earn Qantas Points and enjoy interest-free days on purchases, you should make a card repayment of $2,250 ($250 of your monthly balance transfer instalment plus $2,000 of your new purchases plus any fees) by the due date shown on your statement each month.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
++Bonus Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Platinum: To qualify for the bonus points you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Qantas Platinum or Altitude Velocity Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 30th June 2022 and spend the minimum amount of $4,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Velocity Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Points or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
>>Altitude Platinum and Altitude Black Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card between 19th October 2021 and 30th June 2022, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period unless the amount is paid off earlier. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
*Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Platinum: The discounted first year card fee of $49 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 30th June 2022. After the first year, the $150 card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
>>> First-Year Card Fee Waiver - Existing customers only: is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 19th October 2021 and 30th June 2022. After the first year, the $150 card fee will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your card account. A $50 rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
5. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder. No additional cardholders allowed on Flex Card.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Samsung Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Samsung Pay FAQs for more information. Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Google Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Google Pay FAQs for more information. Google Pay is a trademarks of Google Inc.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the card's for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.