Westpac Flexi Loan
Why choose a Flexi Loan?
With a Westpac Flexi Loan, you can:
- Withdraw funds whenever you need them, without reapplying
- Pay interest only on what you've used – not your whole credit limit
- Repay what you like each month, over the monthly minimum repayment
- Transfer funds from your Flexi Loan account to a transaction account or pay bills directly using BPAY®.
How does Flexi Loan work?
A Westpac Flexi Loan is a line of credit that gives you:
- A dedicated account with a credit limit of $4,000-$50,000
- An interest rate of 16.49% p.a. on the funds you use
- Term plans to help you plan to repay what you borrow
- A flexible way to access credit that’s ready when you are.
Please note: You need a higher level of discipline to pay off the loan principal on a Flexi Loan than with other loan types. Use our Personal Loan selector to check that Westpac Flexi Loan suits your needs.
How could I use this loan?
Fund several smaller purchases to support large or ongoing projects, such as home renovations.
Cover large expenses, such as flights and accommodation, or daily expenses while you’re away.
Planning your big day? Be ready when you find the ring, the dress, the venue and the florist.
A mix of things
If you’re working on a number of projects, you could use a Flexi Loan to cover costs for any or all of them.
Key rates and fees
|Rate or fee||Amount|
|Annual variable rate||16.49% p.a.|
|Monthly service fee (only charged once you start using the loan)||$12|
Fees that sometimes apply
From 31 July 2019, the Missed Payment and Over limit fees will increase from $9 to $15 on Westpac Flexi Loan.
|Missed payment fee||$9|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
|Over limit fee||$9|
How do I know if I'm eligible?
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or,
- Hold an and have confirmed employment in Australia if they are a non-resident.
If you're applying online, you also need to have used a Westpac transaction account to receive your salary for the past 2 years or be a Westpac Home Loan customer.
If you’d like to find out whether your visa qualifies you or want to apply for a personal loan under , please call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697 to discuss.
What information do I need to provide?
You will need to provide details of your current financial situation. This will include your:
- Current employer’s name, address and main switchboard number
- Recent tax information, if you're self-employed
- Weekly after-tax income for each person applying for the loan
- Asset, savings and investment details
- Amounts owing on your credit cards, store accounts, etc.
- Details of other expenses.
We may contact you using the details you provide to help you complete your application. If you’re already a Westpac customer, check that the details we have on record are up to date before proceeding. You can confirm by calling 132 032 or in Westpac Online Banking. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
How can I apply?
Customers who hold a Westpac Home Loan or have had their salary deposited into a Westpac account for the past 2 years can apply online in less than 10 minutes.
Over the phone
Apply over the phone by calling 1300 720 697 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
Apply at your nearest branch.
What happens after I apply?
If you meet the credit criteria and are approved for a Flexi Loan, you will receive your contract by email and could have access to funds within 15 minutes of acceptance (provided you're registered for online banking). If you are not registered for online banking, you will need to go to your nearest branch to access the funds.