Westpac Flexi Loan
Why choose a Flexi Loan?
Westpac Flexi Loan is a line of credit without an end date or fixed repayments, allowing you more freedom and flexibility with withdrawals and repayments than other loan types. With Flexi, you can:
- Access a credit limit between $4,000 and $50,000, once you're approved
- Withdraw funds whenever you need them, without reapplying
- Pay interest only on what you've used - not your whole credit limit
- Repay what you like each month, over the monthly minimum repayment
- Transfer funds from your loan to a transaction account using online or mobile banking.
Please note: You need a higher level of discipline to pay off the loan principal on a Flexi Loan than with other loan types. Use our Personal Loan selector to check that Westpac Flexi Loan suits your needs.
How could I use this loan?
Fund several smaller purchases to support large or ongoing projects, such as home renovations.
Cover large expenses, such as flights and accommodation, or daily expenses while you’re away.
Planning your big day? Be ready when you find the ring, the dress, the venue and the florist.
A mix of things
If you’re working on a number of projects, you could use a Flexi Loan to cover costs for any or all of them.
Key rates and fees
|Rate or fee||Amount|
|Annual variable rate||14.99% p.a.|
|Monthly service fee (only charged once you start using the loan)||$12|
Fees that sometimes apply
|Missed payment fee||$9|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$9
|Declined direct debit fee||$9|
|Duplicate statement fee||$7.50|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
|Over limit fee||$9|
Optional Flexi Loan Repayment Protection insurance
What happens if you suddenly lose your job or become unfit for work through illness or injury? Financial commitments continue even if your income doesn’t. That’s where Westpac Flexi Loan Repayment Protection insurance can help.
- Depending on individual circumstances, it can cover Flexi Loan repayments until you recover and get back to work.
- It also helps cover repayments in the event of your death.
- Flexi Loan Repayment Protection costs 30 cents for every $100 owing on your monthly balance, and is calculated on the balance owing at the end of each statement cycle when your monthly statement is produced.
- You can apply for Westpac Flexi Loan Repayment Protection insurance when you apply for your Flexi Loan.
How do I know if I'm eligible?
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or,
- Hold an and have confirmed employment in Australia if they are a non-resident.
If you're applying online, you also need to have used a Westpac transaction account to receive your salary for the past 2 years or be a Westpac Home Loan customer.
If you’d like to find out whether your visa qualifies you or want to apply for a personal loan under , please call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697 to discuss.
What information do I need to provide?
You will need to provide details of your current financial situation. This will include your:
- Current employer’s name, address and main switchboard number
- Recent tax information, if you're self-employed
- Weekly after-tax income for each person applying for the loan
- Asset, savings and investment details
- Amounts owing on your credit cards, store accounts, etc.
- Details of other expenses.
We may contact you using the details you provide to help you complete your application. If you’re already a Westpac customer, check that the details we have on record are up to date before proceeding. You can confirm by calling 132 032 or in Westpac Online Banking. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
How can I apply?
Customers who hold a Westpac Home Loan or have had their salary deposited into a Westpac account for the past 2 years can apply online in less than 10 minutes.
Over the phone
Apply over the phone by calling 1300 720 697 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
Apply at your nearest branch.
What happens after I apply?
If you meet the credit criteria and are approved for a Flexi Loan, you will receive your contract by email and could have access to funds within 15 minutes of acceptance (provided you're registered for online banking). If you are not registered for online banking, you will need to go to your nearest branch to access the funds.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Flexi Loan Repayment Protection is issued by the insurers who are Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This insurance product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.