Rewards cards can really pack in the benefits for frequent travellers. By spending on a rewards card, you can earn points to redeem for flights, accommodation and a whole host of other goods and experiences that could be useful for those heading on holiday. Plus, some cards come with a range of other valuable benefits designed with travellers in mind.
- Redeem points for flights, upgrades, hotel bookings and more
- Enjoy extra travel benefits
- Store bonus points to put towards travel
Rewards cardholders can put points towards things like flights, flight upgrades, hotels and car rental as well as a whole range of other shopping and lifestyle rewards that could help to make your trip better.
Choosing a rewards card isn’t just about earning and redeeming points – you also have the option of choosing a card with extra benefits, many of which afford you special privileges and protection when you travel.
The Altitude Black credit card comes with all sorts of benefits that could help make your trip better, including complimentary airport lounge, premium concierge services and extended complimentary insurance4. Refer to the product page for details.
Keep an eye out for introductory offers, as some rewards cards offer you bonus points when you join and then spend a certain amount on your card.
Want to learn more? Here are 3 ways to get the most out of your rewards credit card.
If you’re ready to get started, learn more about Westpac’s rewards credit cards.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.