Rewards cards can really pack in the benefits for frequent travellers. By spending on a rewards card, you can earn points to redeem for flights, accommodation and a whole host of other goods and experiences that could be useful for those heading on holiday. Plus, some cards come with a range of other valuable benefits designed with travellers in mind.
- Redeem points for flights, upgrades, hotel bookings and more
- Enjoy extra travel benefits
- Store bonus points to put towards travel
Rewards cardholders can put points towards things like flights, flight upgrades, hotels and car rental as well as a whole range of other shopping and lifestyle rewards that could help to make your trip better.
Choosing a rewards card isn’t just about earning and redeeming points – you also have the option of choosing a card with extra benefits, many of which afford you special privileges and protection when you travel.
The Altitude Black credit card comes with all sorts of benefits that could help make your trip better, including complimentary airport lounge, premium concierge services and Complimentary Insurance4. Refer to the product page for details.
Keep an eye out for introductory offers, as some rewards cards offer you bonus points when you join and then spend a certain amount on your card.
Want to learn more? Here are 3 ways to get the most out of your rewards credit card.
If you’re ready to get started, learn more about Westpac’s rewards credit cards.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $75 Rewards Program fee applies for customers who choose this option.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Concierge Services for Altitude Black. Concierge services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com