Let’s recap on your choice of an Altitude Rewards Platinum card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Ongoing annual card fee||$150|
|Variable purchase rate||20.49% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Minimum credit limit||$6,000|
130,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points
130,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points with $3k+ spend on eligible purchases† within 90 days of card approval>.
0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfer>> when requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies. After 24 months, rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Plus, a reduced first year annual card fee of $49 ($150 thereafter)*.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- Up to 3 Altitude Points per $ spent with select Altitude Platinum partners¹
- 1 Altitude Point per $ spent on all other eligible purchases†, uncapped⁶
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances⁴
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases²
- A lower annual card fee than our Altitude Rewards Black card
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our non-rewards cards
- A higher annual card fee than our non-rewards cards
- Our Low Rate and Low Fee cards offer up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Doesn’t offer complimentary airport lounge passes or Concierge Services
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations; Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date; Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months); Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
>Altitude Rewards Platinum Bonus Points Promotion: To qualify for the bonus points you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Rewards Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Rewards Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Altitude Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
>>Altitude Platinum and Altitude Black Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period unless the amount is paid off earlier. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
*Reduced First year Annual Card Fee for Altitude Platinum: The discounted first year annual card fee of $49 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
1. Accelerated Earn - Flights: Earn 6 points per dollar on the first $10,000 spent on flights per calendar month, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Black Mastercard. Or earn 3 points per dollar on the first $10,000 on flights per calendar month, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Points earn applies to flights purchased in Australia directly with the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas, Altitude Velocity and Visa cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
<<< Accelerated Earn - Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity. Participating merchants are subject to change.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.