This page covers what income or employment documents you’ll need to provide for your Westpac credit card application.
If we conditionally approved your credit card application, then you would have received an email outlining information we need you to provide to finalise your application.
Please refer to the sections below (as applicable to you) to see which information you need to supply.
How to provide your documents
Click the Verify your information button in the conditional approval email you received from us (your application reference number and email address will be pre-populated). Or, if you have your application reference number handy, you can also access the verification portal directly to provide your documents. If you have difficulty uploading documents, there’s also an option to send by email (accessed via the portal).
2 most recent payslips less than 60 days old
- Payslips must be consecutive (one after the other)
- Each payslip must show: ‘Year To Date’ income figure, gross/net income, tax, pay period, your name as on your application, and your employer’s name.
Payslips don’t show all of the above? Provide bank statements covering the last 3 months instead
- Showing your name as well as your salary/deposits (e.g. your last 12x weekly salary deposits)
- Note that screenshots or bank statements with blacked out information are not acceptable.
Also, if you started new employment within the last 2 months…
- Provide your signed employment contract confirming name, employment status and income details.
- A letter of employment confirming name, employment status and income details.
Bank statements covering the last 3 months
- Each payment description must include either 'rent', the property address, or the name of the property
- For properties where the lease started less than 3 months ago, also provide the residential lease agreement
- Screenshots are not acceptable.
Rental statements from your real estate agent covering the last 3 months
Existing residential lease agreement – signed by both parties
- We don't accept handwritten or private lease agreements, or future dated lease agreements.
Most recent ATO Notice of Assessment that must be less than 18 months old and Tax Return confirming annual rental income
- Please mask your Tax File Number.
For each rental property, an annual rental statement issued within the last 3 months