Most people know that rewards cards come with travel insurance 4 that covers you for costs such as medical expenses, lost luggage and damage to property. But look closely and you may find your card also comes with some cover that you’ve never heard of.
- Cover if your purchases are lost, stolen or damaged
- Extended warranties on your appliances
- Cover to help you get the best price on purchases
Rewards credit cards don’t just give you a way to earn rewards points as you spend on eligible purchases – some also come with a range of insurance and other benefits that apply to things you purchase with your card, at no added cost.
While complimentary insurance 4 isn’t a reason to go on a spending spree, if you were going to buy a certain item anyway, it may be worth putting it on your card for extra peace of mind.
Note that because every card offers different benefits, you should check the details of what’s covered by any complimentary insurance 4 that’s included on your card.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis. Points are uncapped until 1 January 2022.
From 1 January 2022: For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap. For more information view the .
Concierge Services for Altitude Black. Concierge services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com