Rewards cards often come with a range of attractive benefits and bonuses. Knowing what they are can help you use them to your advantage at home and away. Here are 3 tips to help you do just that.
- Choose a card that suits your lifestyle
- Make the most of your earn rate
- Take advantage of all the extras
Rather than changing the way you spend your money to make the most of your rewards card, you might want to choose a card that complements your lifestyle so you earn points just by doing what you normally do. Similarly, you may want to be able to redeem your points for the types of rewards you’ll use.
If you're looking for a tailored rewards program, Westpac Altitude rewards credit cards help you earn and spend points your way. Our rewards cards lets you choose between the Altitude Qantas Rewards Program (which is good for Qantas Frequent Flyers), Altitude Velocity Rewards Program (which is good for Velocity Frequent Flyers), or the Altitude Rewards Program (which lets you redeem rewards for flights with other airlines, as well as shopping, travel and lifestyle products).
Different types of cards earn different amounts of points per dollar, so make sure you choose a card with an earn rate that suits you. Once you have the card, think about how you can use it as part of your everyday spend to earn more points. You might consider running eligible transactions such as groceries, petrol or even coffee through your card – every little bit helps.
Remember, you won’t need to pay any interest charges if you pay off the entire balance on your statement each month.
Being familiar with all your card’s built-in benefits can help you make the most of them whenever possible. For instance, complimentary travel insurance 4 can save you buying insurance for your next trip. Similarly, purchase security insurance (available on Westpac Altitude Black and Platinum cards) can mean you’re already covered if something happens to items bought with your card. While you’re at it, why not check out whether you’re entitled to perks such as room upgrades, rental car discounts and what your concierge service can help you with?
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Concierge Services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.