Rewards cards often come with a range of attractive benefits and bonuses. Knowing what they are can help you use them to your advantage at home and away. Here are 3 tips to help you do just that.
- Choose a card that suits your lifestyle
- Make the most of your earn rate
- Take advantage of all the extras
Rather than changing the way you spend your money to make the most of your rewards card, you might want to choose a card that complements your lifestyle so you earn points just by doing what you normally do. Similarly, you may want to be able to redeem your points for the types of rewards you’ll use.
If you're looking for a tailored rewards program, Westpac Altitude rewards credit cards help you earn and spend points your way. Our rewards cards lets you choose between the Altitude Qantas Rewards Program (which is good for Qantas Frequent Flyers), Altitude Velocity Rewards Program (which is good for Velocity Frequent Flyers), or the Altitude Rewards Program (which lets you redeem rewards for flights with other airlines, as well as shopping, travel and lifestyle products).
Different types of cards earn different amounts of points per dollar, so make sure you choose a card with an earn rate that suits you. Once you have the card, think about how you can use it as part of your everyday spend to earn more points. You might consider running eligible transactions such as groceries, petrol or even coffee through your card – every little bit helps.
Find out how you can use PartPay to earn points.
Remember, you won’t need to pay any interest charges if you pay off the entire balance on your statement each month.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $75 Rewards Program fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Concierge Services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.