Many platinum and premium credit cards come with a complimentary concierge service. But how does this work and how useful is it for you?
Concierge services are often available online or by phone at any hour of the day and day of the week. The kind of assistance they can provide depends on the card, but in general the service is designed to help make life easier (and more fun) for cardholders. Your request can be as general or specific as you like – it could be as simple as getting a table at the newest restaurant in town or as exotic as renting a private yacht in Mauritius.
Here are just some of the ways your concierge may be of service. You can use them as a starting point – let your imagination be your guide.
- Travel arrangements
- Holiday activities
- Dining and entertainment
- Gifts and shopping
- Special occasions
- Business, work and home
- Finding flight information
- Recommending and booking hotels
- Car rental bookings and car service information.
- Health club recommendations and reservations
- Golf information and reservations
- Information on festivals, museums, galleries and events
- Recommending and booking personal trainers
- Booking massages and spa treatments.
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- Getting tickets for shows, concerts and sporting matches
- Finding details of events and shows in cities worldwide.
- Recommending the best shopping
- Floral arrangement and delivery
- Sourcing, purchasing and delivery of gifts and other items.
- Party planning
- Arranging hospitality packages
- Booking hair and makeup appointments.
- Referrals to conference and business services
- Computer and technology rental
- Help with relocating to another country.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
This information does not take into account your financial needs, individual circumstances or objectives. Read the terms and conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you.
Rewards points: Depending on your choice of rewards program, you can earn Altitude Points or Qantas Points on your eligible purchases. The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. You do not earn Altitude Points or Qantas Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office. A points cap per statement cycle applies to the Altitude and Altitude Platinum Cards. For details, see the Rewards tab on the Altitude or Altitude Platinum product page.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Concierge: Concierge Services are subject to the Westpac Rewards Credit Cards Concierge Service Terms and Conditions available at westpac.com.au.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.