Westpac Choice for concession holders
Why choose this account?
- There’s no monthly service fee
You also won’t pay any overdrawn or dishonour fees (other fees may apply)
- Shop and get money out with a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100
- ATM network at home and overseas
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this account you’ll need to have a current Pensioner Concession or Health Care card and have your Australian social security benefits paid into your Choice account for concession holders. There’s a limit of one Westpac Choice account for concession holders per customer.
Apple Pay offers a fast and secure way to pay in-store and online, using your favourite Apple device
Find out your account balance in an instant
Set up Quick Balance on your mobile and there’s no need to sign in to online banking to check your balance
Lock your card
Can’t find your card? You can temporarily lock it in seconds with card on hold while you search3
Use your phone instead of your card to get out cash
Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM4
Get $50 on us!
Get $50 with a new Westpac Choice everyday bank account.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Account overdrawn fee||$0|
|Dishonour of direct debits, periodical payment or cheques written||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
No interest is paid on balances in a Westpac Choice account. Check the terms and conditions for the maximum amount you can withdraw each day.
It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
4. Cardless cash: Available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App to use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.