How to give Users online access to new business accounts – and remove access
Choose who can access new accounts in Online Banking, and manage these Users online.
What do I need to know about giving access to accounts?
Users in a business network will not be able to see a new account until it has been assigned to them by an Administrator, following the steps in this guide.
As an Administrator, you must be signed in on a desktop to give or remove access to a new account. Before you start, have your security device handy and make sure you know what access you would like to assign:
- Non-value means the User can view details including account balance, transaction details, statements and voucher images
- Value means that the User can view, create and authorise payments. For your security, Value Users have to be identified in person at a Westpac branch.
How do I set up access to a new account?
- Sign in from a desktop using your 8-digit customer number and password. You have to be an Administrator to be able to complete this task
- Look for the account marked New, then select the arrow and in the dropdown menu, select Assign account
- Type in the User you wish to assign the account to and under Add another account search for the new account you would like to give access to
- Select features you wish the User to have access to, then select Update
- Scroll down and select Save.
Please note, the New indicator will only appear in your dashboard for 10 days after the account has been opened.
What if I have more than one Approver for administration tasks?
If your business network only requires one Administrator to perform admin tasks, your new account access for a User will now be active. However, if your Online Banking is set up to need more than one approval, the required number of extra Approvers will need to:
- Sign in to Westpac Online Banking from a desktop
- Click on the Approval button near the Sign out button
- Select the Other tasks tab, where they will see User settings pending approval.
How do I remove a User’s access to an account?
- Sign in from a desktop using your 8-digit customer number and password. You have to be an Administrator to be able to complete this task.
- Go to Administration and select User administration
- To remove a User select the downward arrow on the right-hand side of the User whose access you would like to remove
- Confirm your decision by clicking on Remove.