How to change permissions and approvals in Online Banking
Set up more than one approver for added security on your payments and admin tasks.
How do approvals work?
If you’re set up in Online Banking as a Business Network, you can add an extra layer of security onto your Online Banking tasks by setting up more than one approver. Once you set up the number of approvers, each person will need to approve your task or payment before it’s processed. You’ll need to be an Administrator in Online Banking to set up approvers.
How many people can I nominate?
You can nominate between one and four people to be an approver and payments or tasks will be processed when all approvals have been provided.
What tasks can have more than one approver?
The actions you can set multiple approvers for:
- Payments and transfers - funds transfers, Osko® payments, same day payments (RTGS), BPAY® payments, international payments, direct entry payments and bank cheque requests
- Opening accounts online - transaction accounts, savings accounts, or term deposits
- Managing term deposit maturity instructions
- Other administration tasks - maintaining payees, managing BPAY® view, and managing PayIDs.
Step by step guide
- Sign into Online Banking from a desktop
- Go to Administration then Features and approvals
- Set the number of approvals required for each admin and payment task, then select Save
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.