ADD AN ADMINISTRATOR TO YOUR ONLINE BANKING
Nominate an Administrator and share your online business banking today.
How do I add an Administrator?
The person you want to add as an Administrator will need to be listed as a User in your Online Banking. If they are not already listed, you can easily add a new User to your Online Banking.
Once they have been added as a User to your Online Banking, you will need the following details:
- Full name, customer number and email address (registered with Westpac) of the new Administrator
- Mobile number of the new Administrator (if you would like to register for a Westpac Protect® SMS Code)
- Full name and customer number of the Business Owner
Now complete the ‘Add an Administrator’ form then take it to a Westpac Branch. Both the new Administrator and the Business Owner will need to go into the branch and show one piece of ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Why add an Administrator?
An Administrator is responsible for overseeing how Online Banking is used in your business. Here are some of the tasks an Administrator can do in Online Banking:
- Set up, suspend, or remove users
- Set User preferences and access to features, such as making same day payments1, creating payee groups and viewing cheque and deposit slip images
- Manage your business’s daily payment limit and Users limits
- Choose the security device that suits your business – Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or SecurID® token2.
Things you should know
- Same day (RTGS) payments must be created and fully approved before the 3pm (AEST) cut off time. Fees and charges apply.
- SecurID® is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation.