Benefits for first home buyers
First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)
The good news is that, as a first home buyer, you may be eligible for the First Home Owner Grant. This is a government assistance program that can provide you with a one off payment towards the deposit for your first home.
Do you have any discounts available?
Our Premier Advantage Package offers savings of up to 1.29% p.a. off our home loan rates on loan amounts above $150,000. It also provides savings on home loan fees as well as on a variety of other products.
Do you have any other ways I can save on interest?
If reducing your loan balance as quickly as possible and saving in interest is important to you, we have 3 key strategies to help you achieve this
- Use an offset account: Our Rocket Repay Home Loan which provides you with a 100% offset transaction account linked to your home loan. Every dollar you have in your transaction account saves you interest.
- Only pay for what you use: Our lowest variable interest rate home loan is the Flexi First Option Home Loan. It offers a range of flexible options, but you only pay for them if you use them.
- Pay in your salary: Another way of saving on interest is to have your income paid directly into your home loan to minimise the amount outstanding on the loan.
You can then:
- Use your credit card to make purchases, and pay it off from your home loan using Card Autopay. Transfer money to your personal account so you can access cash
- Arrange automatic transfers to pay your bills and access regular cash deposits with our Smartpay feature.
Things you should know
The information contained within this page is general in nature. It serves as a guide only and does not take into account your personal financial needs. Before you act on this information you should seek independent legal and financial advice. Terms and Conditions apply and are available on request. Application subject to normal credit criteria and approval. 1. A redraw request is subject to approval. A redraw fee applies.