REFINANCE YOUR HOME LOAN TO WESTPAC
Featured basic variable rate
2-yr intro discount on variable rate^^^
Variable rate includes 2-year 1.64% p.a. discount from loan settlement, reverting to 1.24% p.a. life-of-loan discount thereafter^^^ (excludes refinances within Westpac Group), and a 0.10% p.a. discount for LVR+ up to 70%. For new Owner Occupier loans and P&I repayments. Credit criteria, T&Cs apply.
Why refinance your home loan to Westpac?
If you’re eligible for Priority Refinance, you could access your new Westpac loan within days of signing your loan documents***.
Priority Refinance (PDF 1 MB)
Our award-winning app
Manage your loan with the Westpac App: check your balance, rate and interest, make transfers and redraw anytime.
Applying is simple, get started online
1. Apply for your home loan now
Apply in around 10-20 mins, or save and come back later. Tell us about you and see how much you could borrow. And don't worry, we'll let you know before the credit check. Need help? You can live chat with us to help you complete the application.
2. Fast approval
You could get unconditional refinance approval the same day you apply. Or conditional approval within 1 business day to help you confidently bid or make an offer for up to 90 days.
3. Discuss your rate and features with a lender
A dedicated lender will be in touch to go over the finer points of your loan. You’ll have an opportunity to negotiate your rate, as there’s no obligation until you accept your rate and loan offer.
4. On to settlement
Your lender will finalise your loan through to settlement. Accept our loan offer, and that’s it.
What kind of home loan are you looking for?
How much could you save
Compare your loan with ours for a savings estimate.
Joining Westpac comes with added benefits
We're not all talk. Take action. Speak to a home loan expert.
Our home loan specialists are ready and waiting to help you with your existing home loan enquiries or new loan applications.
Just book an appointment or call 8am-8pm, Mon-Fri or 9am-6pm, Sat-Sun (Sydney time).
Frequently asked questions
- No application fee.
- You’ll find our fees, like establishment and ongoing fees, on our home loan fees page.
Potential non-Westpac fees
- State Government Mortgage Registration fee.
- Existing lender exit fees, and fixed loan contract break costs.
- If needed, a property value fee – chat with your lender.
- LMI if your equity's under 20% – estimate yours.
- Stamp Duty if borrowing more – chat with your lender
Not quite ready to apply?
Things you should know
Conditions, credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Residential lending is not available for Non-Australian Resident borrowers.
This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. This includes any tax consequences arising from any promotions for investors and customers should seek independent advice on any taxation matters.
2Redraw facility: if you have ‘available funds’ (you’ve made extra home loan repayments) and you’ve activated your redraw facility, you’re free to redraw them with no redraw fee. Up to $100k will be available to redraw from your variable loan online or over the phone each day (unlimited in-branch). For fixed loans you can redraw up to your prepayment threshold during your fixed term. Read our for full details.
3Repayment holiday: Conditions, eligibility and suitability criteria apply.
- Reduced loan repayments: reduction of up to 50% available for up to 6 months on variable home loans held with us for over 12 months. It is important to understand that at the end of the reduced repayment period, the repayment amount will increase to adjust for the reduced repayments. This ensures that the loan is still repaid within its original term. Read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service before deciding if this option is right for you.
- Mortgage repayment pause: available for up to 6 months on variable home loans held with us for over 12 months.
- Parental leave: if you’ve held your variable home loan with us for over 12 months, you could be eligible to reduce your home loan repayments up to 50% for up to 12 months while on maternity or paternity leave, subject to approval.
***Priority Refinance: Only available: on eligible new Westpac home loans; on eligible home loans with your current lender; if your other lender is on the Priority Refinance process list of eligible financial institutions. Your other lender may charge you an additional settlement agent fee, as well as fixed rate home loan break costs. Loan suitability for the Priority Refinance product is determined by Westpac in conjunction with the insurance product guidelines. Priority Refinance is provided by First American Title Insurance Company of Australia Pty Limited ABN 64 075 279 908 Australian Financial Services Licence 263876, trading as First Title, an Australian general insurance company authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This info doesn’t take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account, so please consider Priority Refinance’s appropriateness and read the disclosure documents for your selected loan, including the Terms & Conditions, before deciding.
*Comparison rate: The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over the term of 25 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
+LVR stands for the loan-to-value ratio. LVR is the amount of your loan compared to the Bank’s valuation of your property offered to secure your loan expressed as a percentage. Home loan rates for new loans are set based on the initial LVR and won’t change during the life of the loan as the LVR changes.
#Premier Advantage Package: Conditions of Use and $395 annual package fee applies. You must either hold or be approved for a Westpac Choice transaction account in order to qualify and continue to receive the benefits of the Premier Advantage Package. Applicants must have a Westpac Choice transaction account linked to the home loan at the time of settlement and must keep this account open for 60 days after settlement. Before deciding to acquire a Westpac Choice account, read the terms and conditions, and consider whether the product is right for you. Tax consequences may arise from this promotion for investors and customers should seek independent advice on any taxation matters.
Refinance calculator: This calculation is not an offer of credit but an estimate only of what you may be able to borrow based on the information provided and does not include all applicable fees (except for monthly fees). Your borrowing power amount may be different when you complete a full application and we capture all details relevant to our lending criteria. Our lending criteria and basis upon which we assess what you can afford may change at any time without notice. Before acting on this calculation you should seek professional advice.
All interest rates referred to in the calculators are current, as indicated on westpac.com.au. The interest rates represented on this page may include promotional discounts and are subject to change. When assessing ability to service a loan, Westpac may use an interest rate that is higher than the current interest rate for the loan requested.
The output of each calculator is subject to the assumptions provided under each calculator and are subject to change. The calculator does not take into account any future refinancing options which may be available. The calculator does not take into account any product features, grants or any applicable bank fees. For details on fees and charges, please go to westpac.com.au.
The output or result of these calculators:
- is subject to the assumptions which are subject to change;
- is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on the output of the calculators, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need more information, please call 1300 786 029. We recommend that you consult your financial adviser before taking out a loan;
- does not represent either a quote or pre-qualification for a loan;
- may not be taken into account if you apply for a loan with us as we will make our own calculations. When assessing ability to service a loan, Westpac may use an interest rate that is higher than the current interest rate for the loan requested.
The interest rates used in the calculator:
- are current, as indicated on our home loan interest rate pages;
- are Westpac's standard interest rates and include any package or promotional discounts; and
- are subject to change.
^^^Flexi First Option special offer rates with Principal & Interest repayments
Special offers are only available on new Flexi First Option Home and Investment Loans with Principal & Interest repayments. Discounts do not apply to internal refinances or switches within the Westpac Group, which includes refinances from Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. Not available to company and trust account holders. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Interest rates are subject to change:
- For a property to live in (Owner occupier): Offer commences 24/11/2023. Includes a 1.64% p.a. discount for two years from the loan settlement date, at the end of the period it will revert to a 1.24% p.a. discount for the life of the loan.
- For an investment property: Offer commences 24/11/2023. Includes a 1.89% p.a. discount for two years from the loan settlement date, at the end of the period it will revert to a 1.49% p.a. discount for the life of the loan.
++ Potential savings: gives an indication of the amount you could save on new repayments if you switched to the Westpac home loan example, with calculations based on monthly repayments, in respect to the original amount, annual interest rate and term you entered. Potential savings over the life of your loan are based on the difference between estimated total interest on your current home loan and the Westpac home loan. Loan term reduction amount is based on the time you could save by paying off the Westpac home loan if you increased your repayments. Extra interest you could save calculation is based on increasing your repayments on the Westpac home loan.