Applying is simple, get started online
1. Apply for your home loan now
Apply in around 10-20 mins, or save and come back later. Tell us about you and see how much you could borrow. And don't worry, we'll let you know before the credit check. Need help? You can live chat with us to help you complete the application.
2. Fast approval
You could get unconditional refinance approval the same day you apply. Or conditional approval within 1 business day to help you confidently bid or make an offer for up to 90 days.
3. Discuss your rate and features with a lender
A dedicated lender will be in touch to go over the finer points of your loan. You’ll have an opportunity to negotiate your rate, as there’s no obligation until you accept your rate and loan offer.
4. On to settlement
Your lender will finalise your loan through to settlement. Accept our loan offer, and that’s it.
Other guides to help
Things you should know
Refinance calculator: This calculation is not an offer of credit but an estimate only of what you may be able to borrow based on the information provided and does not include all applicable fees (except for monthly fees). Your borrowing power amount may be different when you complete a full application and we capture all details relevant to our lending criteria. Our lending criteria and basis upon which we assess what you can afford may change at any time without notice. Before acting on this calculation you should seek professional advice.
All interest rates referred to in the calculators are current, as indicated on westpac.com.au. The interest rates represented on this page may include promotional discounts and are subject to change. When assessing ability to service a loan, Westpac may use an interest rate that is higher than the current interest rate for the loan requested.
The output of each calculator is subject to the assumptions provided under each calculator and are subject to change. The calculator does not take into account any future refinancing options which may be available. The calculator does not take into account any product features, grants or any applicable bank fees. For details on fees and charges, please go to westpac.com.au.
The output or result of these calculators:
- is subject to the assumptions which are subject to change;
- is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on the output of the calculators, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need more information, please call 1300 786 029. We recommend that you consult your financial adviser before taking out a loan;
- does not represent either a quote or pre-qualification for a loan;
- may not be taken into account if you apply for a loan with us as we will make our own calculations. When assessing ability to service a loan, Westpac may use an interest rate that is higher than the current interest rate for the loan requested.
The interest rates used in the calculator:
- are current, as indicated on our home loan interest rate pages;
- are Westpac's standard interest rates and include any package or promotional discounts; and
- are subject to change.
*Comparison rate: The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over the term of 25 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
^^^Flexi First Option special offer rates with Principal & Interest repayments
Special offers are only available on new Flexi First Option Home and Investment Loans with Principal & Interest repayments. Discounts do not apply to internal refinances or switches within the Westpac Group, which includes refinances from Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. Not available to company and trust account holders. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Interest rates are subject to change:
- For a property to live in (Owner occupier): Offer commences 24/11/2023. Includes a 1.64% p.a. discount for two years from the loan settlement date, at the end of the period it will revert to a 1.24% p.a. discount for the life of the loan.
- For an investment property: Offer commences 24/11/2023. Includes a 1.89% p.a. discount for two years from the loan settlement date, at the end of the period it will revert to a 1.49% p.a. discount for the life of the loan.
+LVR stands for the loan-to-value ratio. LVR is the amount of your loan compared to the Bank’s valuation of your property offered to secure your loan expressed as a percentage. Home loan rates for new loans are set based on the initial LVR and won’t change during the life of the loan as the LVR changes.
#Premier Advantage Package: Conditions of Use and $395 annual package fee applies. You must either hold or be approved for a Westpac Choice transaction account in order to qualify and continue to receive the benefits of the Premier Advantage Package. Applicants must have a Westpac Choice transaction account linked to the home loan at the time of settlement and must keep this account open for 60 days after settlement. Before deciding to acquire a Westpac Choice account, read the terms and conditions, and consider whether the product is right for you. Tax consequences may arise from this promotion for investors and customers should seek independent advice on any taxation matters.