Westpac Choice for under 21s
An everyday bank account for under 21s.
Westpac Choice account comes with the following services and features to help you bank with ease:
- Westpac Debit MasterCard® 1
- Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
- eStatements for easier banking
$0 monthly service fee (other fees may apply) whilst you are a full time tertiary student and no withdrawal fee2 at over 3,000 Westpac Group ATMs in Australia
Getting the most out of your Choice bank account
- Like to shop with your money, online or in person, worldwide? Just use your Debit MasterCard®1
- No ATM withdrawal fee2 when accessing any one of the 50,000 ATMs via our Global ATM alliance partners
Unlimited 24/7 electronic access with Westpac Online Banking and Mobile Banking5
- Save time by setting up recurring payments to pay regular bills or grow your savings
- View up to 3 years of transaction history
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated or staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$5|
|Periodical payment not made fee||$5|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®. Go to our Debit MasterCard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
There is no interest for this account.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit MasterCard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit MasterCard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®.
3. Cardless cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Cardless cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App.
4. Compatible handsets include Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005 model). Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking and to set up payment features An eligible Westpac MasterCard® or Visa card is required. The mobile app terms and conditions apply. Normal mobile data charges apply.
5. Check the account Terms and Conditions for maximum amount you can withdraw each day.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express is a trademark of American Express. Samsung, Galaxy S and Galaxy Note are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
St.George Bank, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne are divisions of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.