Youth bank account and debit card
Why Westpac Choice?
- $0 Account-Keeping Fee
You’ll pay no Account-Keeping Fee for as long as you’re under 21 or a fulltime student. Other fees may apply
- Debit Mastercard®
Why carry cash when you’ve got a Debit Mastercard? It’s more secure and you can use it to spend your own money to shop online or in stores (if you’re under 14 you’ll get a Handycard) 1
- Online banking + Westpac app
More than just a place to check your balance, Westpac Online Banking has heaps of tools and functions to help you manage your money, plus you can take your bank wherever you go when you download the Westpac App on your phone
Get up to 3% p.a. variable interest on your savings
When you grow your savings with a Westpac Life account and make 5 eligible purchases with a debit card linked to your Choice account each month
Features designed to put you in control
Your Westpac Choice account has the features you need to make managing your money a breeze
Apple Pay offers a fast and secure way to pay in-store and online, using your favourite Apple device
Waiting for your card to arrive? Use the digital version2 instantly to shop online, pay bills, make in-app purchases and set up recurring payments
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search5.
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
More ways to pay
Need to transfer cash in a flash? Set up a Pay ID and you can get paid or transfer money in near real time with just your mobile number. You can also pay or get paid by anyone, anytime, securely and in real time with the Beem It app when you link your Debit Mastercard.
Get access to exclusive offers and discounts
Your Westpac Choice account is more than just a bank account – it also gives you easy access to exclusive discounts across a vast range of retailers. We’ve partnered with some major brands to provide you with savings across travel, entertainment, fashion, your everyday shopping, and more
Our range of discounts are regularly updated, to bring you seasonal and limited time offers.7 To find out what offers are currently available – simply sign in to Online Banking and go to Rewards & Offers
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Digital version: The Digital Card is only available on the Westpac App and supported with the latest version of Westpac Mobile Banking. The terms and conditions applicable to your product also apply to the use of your digital card. Online Banking Terms & Conditions also apply. You may not always be able to access your digital card.
3. PayID: Fast or real-time payments are sent and received using Osko by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko enabled accounts. Personal customers can send and receive fast Osko payments to and from participating financial institutions with an eligible account (i.e. a personal transaction account). Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening. The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM.When your PayID is registered, your details (including your name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your mobile phone PayID.
4. Cardless cash: is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
5. Beem it: A Debit Mastercard attached to a Westpac Choice account is required to use the Beem It app. Beem It is a facility provided by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and made available through its authorised representative, Digital Wallet Pty Ltd ABN 93 624 272 475. Before downloading the app please consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions, available at beemit.com.au. As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider the facility's appropriateness to your circumstances. Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions available at westpac.com.au. Fees and charges apply and may change.
6. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the product terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
7. Partner offers are subject to Terms and Conditions and may be varied or change at any time. Images are shown for illustrative purposes only.
A Debit Mastercard attached to a Westpac Choice account is required to use the Beem It app.
Beem It is a facility provided by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and made available through its authorised representative, Digital Wallet Pty Ltd ABN 93 624 272 475. Before downloading the app please consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions, available at beemit.com.au. As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider the facility's appropriateness to your circumstances. Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read relevant terms and conditions available at westpac.com.au. Fees and charges apply and may change.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Garmin, the Garmin logo, and the Garmin delta are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries and are registered in one or more countries, including the U.S. Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.