Bank account and debit card for under 21s
Westpac Choice account comes with the following services and features to help you bank with ease:
- Westpac Debit Mastercard®
- Westpac Online Banking + Mobile Banking
- eStatements for easier banking
$0 monthly service fee
$0 monthly service fee2 (other fees may apply) whilst you are under 21, a student or apprentice
Forgotten your wallet? Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM3
Get $50 when you open a new Westpac Choice account
Apply online by 27 February 2019. Deposit $500 and make 5 eligible purchases within 30 days.
Getting the most out of your Choice bank account
- Like to shop with your money, online or in person, worldwide? Just use your Debit Mastercard®1
- Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, Commonwealth Bank, ANZ, NAB, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and at over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply)2
- Make purchases with Google Pay™ by simply tapping your mobile at contactless terminals4.
Unlimited 24/7 electronic access with Westpac Online Banking and Mobile Banking5
- Save time by setting up recurring payments to pay regular bills or grow your savings
- View up to 3 years of transaction history.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated or staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$5|
|Periodical payment not made fee||$5|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®. Go to our Debit Mastercard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
There is no interest for this account.
Plus, you could enjoy access to
Student or Youth Discount Card
Save on thousands of share-worthy travel experiences
Open a new Westpac Choice account to get a complimentary Student or Youth Discount Card, if you’re a full-time student or under 31^ (saving you $30). The cards offer savings on thousands of share-worthy travel and local experiences. Like up to 40% off international airfares at STA Travel as well as discounts on hostels, restaurants, museums and more. Conditions apply.^
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Cardless cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Cardless cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App.
4. Google Pay: Read the Google Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Check the account Terms and Conditions for maximum amount you can withdraw each day.
Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Samsung, Galaxy S and Galaxy Note are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
St.George Bank, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne are divisions of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.
^New Westpac Choice customers only. Offer available for full time students, or customers aged 31 years and under. This offer is valid for 90 days from the date your new Westpac Choice account is opened and you are required to have your ID verified before claiming this offer. This offer only provides you the first year ISIC membership valued at $30. The STA Travel voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be used at any local STA Travel store and not online.
# $50 Offer: Excludes customers who hold or have held a Westpac Choice account at any time. You must be under 21, studying full-time or new to Australia (i.e. identify with a non-Australian ID and arrived in the last 12 months) to be eligible for the offer. To receive $50 credited to an everyday account, customers need to open a Choice account online or in an Australian Westpac branch between 18/01/19 and 27/02/19 (inclusive); deposit a minimum of $500 into their everyday account; AND make at least 5 eligible purchases with a Westpac debit card within 30 days of account opening. Eligible purchases include in-store purchases, online purchases, regular card payments, PayPass, and Google Pay transactions. Offer excludes ATM withdrawals as these are not eligible purchases. Customers will receive $50 deposited into their account within 45 days of account opening following identification verification. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per customer. Where a joint account is opened, if one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.