ATM fees and charges
There's nothing like 50,000 global ATM alliance network ATMs to keep you going. Overseas, use your Westpac debit or credit card to get cash and pay no ATM withdrawal fees1 at ATMs including Barclays, Deutsche, Bank of America and more. Be aware though that the following fees and charges will apply when using ATMs overseas:
- A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals.
- A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- When using a debit card, a $5 ATM withdrawal fee applies when you withdraw money from an ATM which is not part of the Global ATM Alliance network or a Westpac Group partner. Westpac does not charge a fee for checking your account balance.
- Some overseas banks may apply a fee for withdrawals and/or balance checks. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network or Westpac Group partner ATMs.
Things to keep in mind
- You will need to enter your PIN for all ATM withdrawals and balance checks.
- A Westpac Debit Mastercard® lets you access your own money to withdraw local currency at ATMs and to make purchases, wherever Mastercard® is accepted.
- You can use your Handycard to withdraw local currency from selected ATMs where Cirrus/Maestro is accepted.
- For credit card holders who currently withdraw money in Australia from linked Savings or Cheque accounts, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard® for these accounts.
- The daily withdrawal limit for Debit Mastercard® is A$1000. This limit can be adjusted to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a Westpac branch or calling Telephone Banking on 132 032.
- When checking your account balance the amount will be displayed in the local currency.