We are temporarily ceasing sales of Travel Insurance
Following the advice of the Australian Government not to travel overseas, our travel partner Allianz Global Assistance is temporarily ceasing sale of new domestic and international Travel Insurance policies, effective 27 March 2020. There may be other insurance options available to suit your requirements; please refer to the Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of alternative providers.
- 24/7 call centre emergency Medical Assistance on international policies – cover provided under Comprehensive, Essentials, and Multi-Trip plans only
- Travel delay cover where your journey is delayed for at least 6 hours from circumstances outside of your control
- Cancellation cover if your journey is cancelled, rescheduled or shortened because of circumstances that were not expected or intended by you and outside of your control
- Rental vehicle excess where the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen while in your custody and is operated in accordance with the rental agreement and in compliance with applicable road laws
- Cover for lost, damaged or stolen personal effects, accidentally damaged or permanently lost. For the lessor of repair replacement, original purchase price, or depreciated value, up to $3,000 for laptops, $1,000 for mobile phones and $750 for other items
- Optional cover is available for snow, and cruise travel – can be purchased with Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip plans only. Eligibility criteria apply to some optional cover
The above is a summary only and cover is subject to policy terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits. For full details, please see the Product Disclosure Statement
Choose from a range of plans that offer different cover types designed to suit singles, couples, families and frequent travellers
Our highest level of cover, helping provide cover on your overseas trip
Provides simple, cost-effective cover for your overseas trip
Cover for multiple journeys within a 12-month period, a journey limited to travel within Australia must include a destination at least 250km’s from your home
Cover for trips within Australia. This plan does not cover the cost of medical expenses incurred in Australia
Terms, exclusions, conditions and limitations apply. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details*
Full details about Westpac Travel Insurance, including important information about terms, conditions limits and exclusions are set out in the relevant ). You should read the PDS carefully before applying for this insurance.
Want to find out more?
Call 1800 502 077 or visit your nearest branch to discuss your options.
Looking for the Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance available with your credit card?
Things you should know
* Travel insurance is arranged by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information is general only and does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.