Travel money card
Why choose a Westpac Global Currency card?
- Use your card when you travel or to shop on an overseas site
- Lock in your exchange rate in advance
- No withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas 1
- Avoid the 3% foreign transaction fee 2
- Top up your card instantly in Online Banking
- Load up to 5 currencies from a choice of 11 (AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, JPY, THB, ZAR, SGD, HKD).
Setting up and using your travel money card
Order your travel money card instantly online – it takes less than a minute. Download the mobile app Westpac Global Currency Card to manage your card.
Load it up
Load up to five different currencies on your card (you have 11 to choose from) and lock in your exchange rates before you travel. You can top up your travel money card in an instant through Online Banking
If you’re heading overseas, you can use your travel money card to get money out at ATMs or to shop like you would at home (the local currency is automatically selected if it’s loaded on your card)
Use at home
Have money left over on your card when you get home? Use it to get cash out from ATMs and to shop in Australia or online
Travelling overseas and shopping online
You can keep using your card in Australia in stores, to shop online in your chosen currency or withdraw cash from any Westpac Group ATM without paying any ATM withdrawal fees. Alternatively, you can transfer the remaining foreign funds back into Australian Dollars at the applicable exchange rate and request the Available Balance to be transferred into a nominated Australian bank account, simply sign in to gcc.westpac.com.au.
Yes, most ATMs will support balance enquiries and cash withdrawals. The balance displayed at the ATM will be in the currency of the country you are visiting and there are no cash advance fees on the Global Currency Card. Other fees may apply.
Please contact us straight away if your card is lost or stolen:
- 1300 797 470 (within Australia)
- +61 2 9155 7744 (from overseas)
You can speak to someone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Things you should know
Information is current as at 16 January 2019. You should read the Westpac Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the distributor of the Product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the Westpac Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the Product only, and does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee the Product or Card, your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this Product or Card. Amounts held on the Product do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group. Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac Global Currency Card app and Westpac Online and Mobile banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
We support Apple iPhone iOS 6 and above and Android™ 2.3 and above. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
BPAY is ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
1. No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Exchange Fee applies to overseas transactions in a currency other than a Supported Currency.
3. Visa Zero Liability Policy covers Australian and New Zealand issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult the card issuer for additional details.