Ignite Mastercard® (no longer for sale)
The Ignite MasterCard® is no longer available for new applications. See our full range of available credit cards.
Ignite MasterCard® holders
If you currently have an Ignite MasterCard®, nothing has changed. Existing benefits, features, fees and the conditions that apply are outlined below.
Annual fee and interest free days
- No annual card fee, ever1.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, as long as you pay your closing balance (including any promotional amount) in full by the statement due date each month. Interest on cash advances is calculated from the date the transaction is debited to your card account.
Variable interest rates
- On purchases - 16.24% p.a.
- On cash advances - 21.49% p.a.
Minimum credit limit
- Cardshield™ helps defend against fraudulent activity
- An embedded microchip for increased credit card security
- Get extra security when you shop at participating online retailers by registering with Mastercard® SecureCode™ through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Enjoy peace of mind with the latest Fraud Protection technology to keep your cards secure, 24/7.
All mobile payments are backed by our Fraud Money Back Guarantee. Plus, you can choose to enter your mobile banking password each time you make a purchase for added peace of mind or disable mobile payments in your phone’s NFC settings at any time.
Credit Card Repayment Protection
Important note: Credit Card Repayment Protection is no longer available for new sales. The following product information is for existing policyholders.
Credit card repayment protection is optional insurance that could help make your repayments if you unexpectedly lose your job, or can’t work because of illness or injury. It could also pay off your outstanding balance (up to $50,000) if you pass away.
If you are a policyholder, your monthly premium appears in your credit card transactions as “Credit Card Repayment Protection” and may be subject to credit card interest charges.
Policy limits and exclusions apply which mean you won’t be covered in some instances as set out in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or policy wording, for example: voluntary redundancy or resignation, if your employment ceases at the end of a contract, or if you’re aged 66 years or over.
To find out more or make a claim; simply visit westpac.com.au/ccrp or call us on 1300 369 989.
Share the benefits of the Ignite credit card with someone else at no additional cost. As long as they're 16 or over, you can apply to add an additional cardholder to your account and share the same credit limit with them.
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
- Now you can use your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone to tap and pay for everyday purchases.
- Simply download the Westpac Mobile Banking app and choose which debit or credit cards you wish to use for mobile payments.
- To make a payment simply hold the back of your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone against the contactless terminal.
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual fee||No annual card fee, ever|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||
A 3% foreign transaction fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
|Cash advances/Withdrawal fee||
An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
Where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, a minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $50 will apply.
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the Missed Payment Charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs) . Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
Credit savvy: Westpac's lending policies and guidelines are designed to ensure we lend responsibly. Make sure the credit limit you apply for is realistic and you have checked the interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card before you apply. Always aim to pay off more than your minimum monthly repayment amount as making minimum payments is not an effective way to manage credit card debt. There can be reasons, such as job loss or illness, which can mean that even the most responsible borrower might get into temporary financial difficulty. If you find yourself in this position, just call us on 1300 651 089.
The products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence no233714 unless otherwise stated. General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness. Consider our disclosure documents, which include Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products. The PDS is relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold a product.
Please note: The Ignite credit card is only available to existing cardholders. No new Ignite credit card applications are currently accepted. Existing primary Ignite cardholders can apply for an additional cardholder to be added to their current Ignite card account.
For more information, call us on 1800 080 000, or drop into a branch.
There is no annual card fee, but other fees and charges apply. Interest rates and fees and charges, other than the annual card fee, are subject to change.
2. Credit Card Repayment Protection is issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (previously known as Westpac General Insurance Limited) (AAGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (issuer of the death cover). AAGIL is a corporate authorised representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances, so please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. To obtain a copy please call 1300 369 989.
The information presented here is factual only. It does not constitute financial product advice. Before acting on this information, you should seek independent financial and taxation advice to determine its appropriateness to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Australia Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 187 518. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
© 2017 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Things you should know
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Visit the product page for each credit card to check the terms and conditions, including any rewards terms and conditions (if relevant) that apply.