Our Altitude Platinum Visa card is no longer available for sale. Here's a full list of our available credit cards.
If you currently have an Altitude Platinum Visa credit card, nothing has changed. All benefits, features and fees outlined on this page still apply.
The important numbers
- Annual card fee: $0 annual card fee in the first year (saving $150)+
- Qantas Rewards fee: A $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies annually for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Rewards program.
- Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
- Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
- Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
- Minimum credit limit: $6,000
- Altitude Rewards Points: earn 1 Altitude Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- Altitude Qantas Points: earn 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases
What fees apply to this card?
|Annual card fee||$150|
|Qantas Rewards fee||
Applies annually for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program.
|Foreign transaction fee||
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150; an additional $2.50 charge applies if account has a positive balance after the transaction). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
How does the complimentary overseas travel insurance work and am I eligible for it?
As a current Westpac Altitude Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided you:
- Are a permanent Australian resident or you hold a current and valid 457 Visa and live in Australia
- Spend at least $A500 on your travel costs before you leave Australia using one of your Altitude Platinum cards. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.
- Have a return overseas travel ticket before leaving Australia
- Are not more than 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover, by meeting the above conditions.
A range of complimentary insurance4 covers come with your card as set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy. Please refer to the for detailed information including eligibility criteria and terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
Things you should know
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
1. Additional cardholder: The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions made on the primary card as well as the transactions made on any additional cards associated with the account.
+No annual card fee in the first year promotion: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Altitude Platinum card between 1st April 2020 and midnight 5th August 2020, The first annual card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible American Express Westpac Altitude cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. You must use your American Express Westpac Altitude Card to prepay $500 of travel costs in order to be covered under the overseas travel insurance. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.