Our Altitude Platinum Visa card is no longer available for sale. Here's a full list of our available credit cards.
If you currently have an Altitude Platinum Visa credit card, nothing has changed. All benefits, features and fees outlined on this page still apply.
The important numbers
- Annual card fee: $0 card fee in the first year (saving $150)+
- Qantas Rewards fee: A $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies annually for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Rewards program.
- Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
- Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
- Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
- Minimum credit limit: $6,000
- Altitude Rewards Points: earn 1 Altitude Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- Altitude Qantas Points: earn 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases
What fees apply to this card?
|Annual card fee||$150|
|Qantas Rewards fee||
Applies annually for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program.
|Foreign transaction fee||
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee||
3.0% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
How does the complimentary overseas travel insurance work and am I eligible for it?
You can obtain written confirmation of eligibility for cover for your overseas journey from the issuer of the insurance, AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, based on the answers you give AGA, by applying online at: checkyourcover.com.au/westpac. If you provide AGA with incorrect answers to the questions we ask you, you may not be eligible for cover under the group policy issued to Westpac.4
Access to Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Rental Vehicle Excess in Australia cover, up to 3 months’ complimentary cover for international travel insurance, plus extended warranty, purchase protection for up to 4 months and overseas transit accident insurance. (terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply).
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
1. Additional cardholder: The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions made on the primary card as well as the transactions made on any additional cards associated with the account.
+No card fee in the first year promotion: The first year card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Altitude Platinum card between 10th December 2020 and midnight 31st March 2021, The first card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $75 Rewards Program fee applies for customers who choose this option.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.