Our 55 Day Platinum Visa card is no longer available for sale. Here's a full list of our available credit cards.
If you currently have a 55 Day Platinum Visa credit card, nothing has changed. All benefits, features and fees outlined on this page still apply.
The important numbers
As an existing 55 Day Platinum Visa cardholder, you’re able to:
- Pay no annual card fee if you spend $10,000 on the card each year (the annual card fee is otherwise $90).*
- Make purchases at a variable rate of 20.09% p.a.
- Withdraw cash at a variable rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Pay no interest for up to 55 days when you pay off your balance in full each month.
What fees apply to this card?
|Annual card fee||$90.* If you spend $10,000 or more on purchases in a year, this fee will automatically be waived - and will continue to be waived each year you spend this amount. This is calculated from the anniversary of the first transaction on your account.*|
|Foreign transaction fee||
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee||
If the card has a negative balance after the transaction: 2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150).
If the card has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50
These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs). Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
How does the complimentary overseas travel insurance work and am I eligible for it?
As a current Westpac 55 Day Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided you:
- You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
- You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude 55 Day Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
- You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
What do the complimentary insurances cover?
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
The following is a summary only of some of the benefits available under the Overseas travel insurance (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy for further information).
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle;
- Unexpected cancellation of travel arrangements and other unexpected expenses
Transit accident insurance
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using your 55 Day Platinum card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of new personal items purchased in Australia and overseas using your 55 Day Platinum Card. The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Purchase security insurance (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Extended warranty insurance
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.westpac.com.au. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible on Westpac issued cards. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time.
Discounted rates may not apply to cards with existing promotional rates. Discounted rates will not apply to Westpac Lite Visa cards.
*55 Day first year annual card fee waiver: $0 annual card fee in the first year and $0 annual card fee in subsequent years promotion is available when you apply for a new 55 Day or 55 Day Platinum credit card between 28th November 2018 and midnight 2nd April 2019 and spend $5,000 or more on a 55 Day credit card or $10,000 or more on a 55 Day Platinum credit card on purchases in each 12 months from the anniversary date of the first transaction on your account.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung, Galaxy S are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Worldwide PTe Limited.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.