Our 55 Day Platinum Visa card is no longer available for sale. Here's a full list of our available credit cards.
If you currently have a 55 Day Platinum Visa credit card, nothing has changed. All benefits, features and fees outlined on this page still apply.
The important numbers
As an existing 55 Day Platinum Visa cardholder, you’re able to:
- Pay no card fee if you spend $10,000 on the card each year (the annual card fee is otherwise $90).*
- Make purchases at a variable rate of 20.09% p.a.
- Withdraw cash at a variable rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Pay no interest for up to 55 days when you pay off your balance in full each month.
What fees apply to this card?
|Annual card fee
|$90.* If you spend $10,000 or more on purchases in a year, this fee will automatically be waived - and will continue to be waived each year you spend this amount. This is calculated from the anniversary of the first transaction on your account.*
|Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
An administrative charge of 3% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee
|$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee
|Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs). Find a Westpac Group ATM.
|Credit card surcharge
|In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.
|If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.
How does the complimentary International Travel Insurance work and am I eligible for it?
You can obtain written confirmation of eligibility for cover for your overseas journey from the issuer of the insurance, AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, based on the answers you give AGA, by applying online at: checkyourcover.com.au/westpac. If you provide AGA with incorrect answers to the questions we ask you, you may not be eligible for cover under the group policy issued to Westpac.4
Access to Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Rental Vehicle Excess in Australia cover, up to 6 months’ complimentary cover for international travel insurance, plus extended warranty, purchase protection for up to 4 months and overseas transit accident insurance. (terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply).
Things you should know
Discounted rates may not apply to cards with existing promotional rates. Discounted rates will not apply to Westpac Lite Visa cards.
*55 Day first year card fee waiver: $0 card fee in the first year and $0 annual card fee in subsequent years promotion is available when you apply for a new 55 Day or 55 Day Platinum credit card between 28th November 2018 and midnight 2nd April 2019 and spend $5,000 or more on a 55 Day credit card or $10,000 or more on a 55 Day Platinum credit card on purchases in each 12 months from the anniversary date of the first transaction on your account.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung, Galaxy S are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Worldwide PTe Limited.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.