Credit card repayment protection
We want to reassure our existing customers that we will continue to service your insurance needs. Our Credit Card Repayment Protection policies include job loss cover and unfit for work cover. If you’ve lost your job or have been stood down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim under your policy. Please read on to find details on how to claim, including the required claim forms.
Please note Credit Card Repayment Protection is no longer sold. The information on this product is for existing Credit Card Repayment Protection policy holders.
Having Credit Card Repayment Protection helps cover your repayments, so you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
- Get up to 20% of your balance owing paid each month if you unexpectedly lose your job, for up to 180 days or until you return to work, which ever happens first
- Get up to 20% of your balance owing paid each month while you’re sick or injured and can’t work
- Have the balance owing paid off up to $50,000 if you pass away (so loved ones aren’t left with this debt).
Of course, like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. For example, if you voluntarily resign or accept a voluntary redundancy you aren’t covered for job loss. Also, if you were not working at least 15 hours or more per week when you became unfit for work, you will not be covered.
The lower your balance, the less it costs
Credit Card Repayment Protection costs 52 cents for every $100 owing on your monthly balance, and is:
- Calculated on the balance owing at the end of each statement cycle when your monthly statement is produced
- Automatically added to your credit card balance each month.
|If the balance owing at the end of your credit card statement cycle is||The monthly premium is|
How to claim
Lodging a claim is simple
- For Unemployment and Job Loss claims, download the or complete the Online Unemployment/Job Loss Claim form
- For Unfit for Work claims, download the
- Alternatively, you may visit a branch to collect and lodge a claim form.
Information needed when initially making a claim
|Job loss claims||
|Unfit for work claims||
|Death claims||A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).|
What happens after you claim?
You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:
- Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
- Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.
Need claim help?
If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989.
(8.45am - 5pm, Mon-Fri AEST/AEDT)
Things you should know
Credit Card Repayment Protection was issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (for the unfit for work cover and the job loss cover) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (for the death cover). This insurance was distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy. Like all insurance, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply. You can obtain the relevant Product Disclosure Statement by calling 1300 369 989.