Altitude Platinum Plus Mastercard (no longer for sale)
Our Altitude Platinum Plus and Altitude Qantas Platinum Plus credit cards are no longer available. See our credit card comparison for a full range of available credit cards.
Points earned per $1 spent on eligible purchases
If you have chosen Altitude Rewards:
1 point - Altitude Platinum Plus Visa or Mastercard®
If you have chosen Altitude Qantas:
- 0.5 Qantas Points - Altitude Qantas Platinum Plus Visa Card
- A $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program
- Complimentary insurance cover. 4
Variable interest rates
- On purchases - 20.24% p.a.
- On cash advances - 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days and more
- Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (excluding any promotional balance transfer amount) in full by the due date shown on your statement
- Annual card fee currently $250
- Minimum card limit $8,000.
What is a statement cycle?
The period from one statement date to the next statement date is called the monthly statement cycle. The statement date is the date your statement is issued.
|Rewards||If you have Altitude Rewards||If you have Altitude Qantas|
|Points earned on eligible purchases - Visa or Mastercard||$1 = 1 Altitude Points||$1 = 0.5 Qantas Points|
|Earning Bonus points||
|Redeeming your points||
Redeeming Altitude Points:
You can redeem your Altitude Points (minimum 3,000) for a wide range of rewards, including:
You can also use your Altitude Points to redeem frequent flyer points from 5 different frequent flyer programs:
More about Altitude Points
The details on how and when you earn and redeem Altitude Points are in the and at altituderewards.com.au. No points expiry while you remain an Altitude card holder.
You do not earn Altitude Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. Availability of award flights may be limited.
Visit altituderewards.com.au or sign in to Altitude Rewards through Westpac Online Banking to:
- View the latest altitude rewards magazine, new rewards and special offers
- Redeem Altitude Points for rewards
- Check your Altitude Rewards account.
More about Qantas Points
You do not earn Qantas Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. The Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program also apply. For more details on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program visit qantas.com/frequentflyer or contact the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre on 13 11 31. The Jetstar Any Seat Awards booking service and the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store are operated by Carlson Marketing Group (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Carlson Leisure Travel Service. Licence No. 2TA 5778, IATA 02-3 59523.
Complimentary insurance 4
A range of complimentary insurance covers come with your cards as set out in the . 4 Please refer to the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy for detailed information including eligibility criteria and terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
- Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
- The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions on these cards and their own card
- Purchases made by an additional cardholder earn Altitude rewards points for the account holder only.
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
- Now you can use your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone to tap and pay for everyday purchases.
- Simply download the Westpac Mobile Banking app and choose which debit or credit cards you wish to use for mobile payments
- To make a payment simply hold the back of your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone against the contactless terminal.
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Register with Mastercard® SecureCode™ through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Fraud Protection, 24/7
All mobile payments are backed by our Fraud Money Back Guarantee. Plus, you can choose to enter your mobile banking password each time you make a purchase for added peace of mind or disable mobile payments in your phone’s NFC settings at any time.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Cardholders will be reimbursed for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder didn't contribute to the loss and notified Westpac promptly. Refer to the T&Cs for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly. Refer to the Consumer Credit Cards Conditions of Use for full details of when cardholders may be liable. Further information on resolving debit card transactional issues please go to what to do if there is a fraudulent transaction on your card.
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury or disease.
This insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank doesn’t guarantee payments under the policy.
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual card fee||Currently $250|
|Qantas Rewards fee||$50 (Altitude Qantas only)|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||
A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction. The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
1. Transactions in foreign currency
2. Transactions in Australian dollars and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located overseas:
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advances/Withdrawal fee||An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply. Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the Missed Payment Charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00 may be debited from your credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, order a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account. This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs) . Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Purchases||20.24% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||21.49% p.a. (variable)|
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 1300 859 100.
Things you should know
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.