Earth Black Mastercard (no longer for sale)
Our Earth Black credit card is no longer available for sale. See our credit card comparison for a full range of available credit cards.
Points earned per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- 0.625 Qantas Point - Earth Black World Mastercard®
- 1 bonus Qantas Point for every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services
Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership if you're not already a member.
Standard variable interest rate
- On purchases - 20.49% p.a.
- On cash advances - 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days and more
- Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (excluding any promotional balance transfer amount) in full by the due date shown on your statement
- Minimum card limit $15,000.
Earning Qantas Points on Earth black credit cards
You do not earn Qantas Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Points. The Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program also apply. The Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee is waived for all new Earth cardholders if they're not already members. For more details on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program see details. Qantas Points are not earned on balance transfers or cash advances.
Earth Black Card Priority Service line
- Wherever you are and whatever the time of day, if you have any queries relating to your card, the dedicated Earth Black Card Priority Service line will be ready to help with lost or stolen cards, making payments and more
- To contact the 24/7 Earth Black Card Priority Service line call 1300 651 999 toll-free anywhere in Australia or +61 2 9155 7711 reverse charge when overseas.
Personal Concierge Service
- Say goodbye to the time consuming and mundane
- The Personal Concierge Service is on call for you 24/7 to handle your requests, including restaurant and taxi bookings through to planning a party
- To contact the Personal Concierge Service call 1300 651 999 (option 4).
Qantas Lounge passes
- Receive two complimentary Qantas Lounge invitations a year
- To use your passes, enrol at loungepass.earth.com.au and opt in. Your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services will activate your Qantas Lounge pass.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards
- The Qantas Points you can earn with Earth Black can open the door to a selection of rewards, including towards one-way, return or multi-destination Award Flights or flight upgrades on Qantas Domestic and International flights
- You can also shop in the Online Qantas Frequent Flyer store for products and more
- For details visit Qantas.com/frequentflyer
- Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required will be quoted when you book. Special promotional fares may not apply. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply).
A range of complimentary insurance4 covers come with your card as set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy. Please refer to the for detailed information including eligibility criteria and terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
- Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
- The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions on these cards and their own card
- Purchases made by an additional cardholder earn Qantas Points for the account holder only.
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
Now you can use your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone to tap and pay for everyday purchases. Simply download the Westpac Mobile Banking app and choose which debit or credit cards you wish to use for mobile payments. To make a payment simply hold the back of your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone against the contactless terminal.
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Extra security when you shop at participating online retailers with Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Fraud Protection, 24/7
All mobile payments are backed by our Fraud Money Back Guarantee. Plus, you can choose to enter your mobile banking password each time you make a purchase for added peace of mind or disable mobile payments in your phone’s NFC settings at any time.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Cardholders will be reimbursed for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder didn't contribute to the loss and notified Westpac promptly. Refer to the T&Cs for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly. Refer to the Credit Card Terms and Conditions for full details of when cardholders may be liable. Further information on resolving debit card transactional issues please see what to do if there is a fraudulent transaction on your card.
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury or disease.
Things you should know
For more information including Earth Rewards Terms and Conditions Details.
More on Credit Card Repayment Protection
This insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy in Details. This product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank doesn’t guarantee payments under the policy.
Earning Qantas Points on Earth Black credit cards
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual card fee||$250|
|Foreign transaction fee||
A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction. The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
1. Transactions in foreign currency
2. Transactions in Australian dollars and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located overseas:
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advances/withdrawal fee||An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply.
Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the Missed Payment Charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs) . Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Purchases||20.49% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||21.49% p.a. (variable)|
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Concierge Services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit www.westpac.tenconcierge.com
More details about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program
For more details about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program visit qantas.com/terms or contact the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre on 13 11 31.
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury, or disease.
This insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 1300 367 228.
Things you should know
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM and Tap&GOTM are each a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.
3. Complimentary Lounge Passes
Priority Pass Membership: complimentary Priority Pass membership is available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. It requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
Qantas Club Complimentary Lounge Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantaspoints.com/ffjoinwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes Two complimentary single-entry Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes are available to Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia every year on your Altitude Black Mastercard from your card open date. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airport locations available at virginaustralia.com/au/en/experience/at-the-airport/lounge/# locations and entry are subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Lounge Pass Conditions and Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available at experience. velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/credit-cards-bankinginsurance/westpac and is subject to change from time to time.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.