Earth Black (no longer available)
Our Earth Black credit card is no longer available for sale. See our credit card comparison for a full range of available credit cards.
Earth Black card holders
If you currently have an Earth Black card, from 1 July 2017, we will be introducing changes to how you earn points on your Earth Black American Express® Card and Earth Black World Mastercard®. Existing benefits, features, fees and the conditions that apply are outlined below.
Two cards linked to one account
An Earth Black American Express® Card to earn Points faster and an Earth Black World Mastercard® for worldwide acceptance.
Points earned per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- 0.625 Qantas Point - Earth Black World Mastercard® (Australian Merchants)
- 1.5 Qantas Point - Earth Black World Mastercard® (Overseas Merchants)
- As of 1 July 2017, 0.625 Qantas Points - Earth Black World Mastercard® (Overseas Merchants)
- 1.5 Qantas Point - Earth Black American Express® Card
- As of 1 July 2017, 1.25 Qantas Points - Earth Black American Express® Card
- 1 bonus Qantas Point for every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services
Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership if you're not already a member.
Standard variable interest rate
- On purchases - 20.24% p.a.
- On cash advances - 21.24% p.a.
Interest free days and more
- Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (including any promotional balance transfer amount) in full by the due date shown on your statement
- Minimum card limit $15,000.
Earning Qantas Points on Earth black credit cards
From 1 July 2017, you will no longer earn points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office using your Earth Black American Express® Card. For more details see the Earth Conditions of Use.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Points. The Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program also apply. The Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee is waived for all new Earth cardholders if they're not already members. For more details on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program see details. Qantas Points are not earned on balance transfers or cash advances.
Earth Black Card Priority Service line
- Wherever you are and whatever the time of day, if you have any queries relating to your card, the dedicated Earth Black Card Priority Service line will be ready to help with lost or stolen cards, making payments and more
- To contact the 24/7 Earth Black Card Priority Service line call 1300 651 999 toll-free anywhere in Australia or +61 2 9155 7711 reverse charge when overseas.
- Say goodbye to the time consuming and mundane
- Westpac Concierge is on call for you 24/7 to handle your requests, including restaurant and taxi bookings through to planning a party
- To contact Westpac Concierge call 1300 651 999
- Exclusive to Westpac Black cardholders, the Black Card Concierge app is perfect for when you're on the move. Plus, you can save time by saving your preferences and repeating previous requests. Download the app from the iTunes store.
Qantas Lounge passes
- Receive two complimentary Qantas Lounge invitations a year
- To use your passes, enrol at earthblack.com.au and opt in. Your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services will activate your Qantas Lounge pass.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards
- The Qantas Points you can earn with Earth Black can open the door to a selection of rewards, including towards one-way, return or multi-destination Award Flights or flight upgrades on Qantas Domestic and International flights
- You can also shop in the Online Qantas Frequent Flyer store for products and more
- For details visit Qantas.com/frequentflyer
- Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required will be quoted when you book. Special promotional fares may not apply. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply).
Extended complimentary insurance
A range of complimentary insurance covers come with your cards as set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy in Details.
Overseas travel insurance
For overseas trips up to 6 months, cover includes:
- Specified medical expenses incurred overseas
- Up to $20,000 per person cover for loss or damage to personal property
- Up to $550 per person for loss or damage to travel documents
- Limit of $2.5 million of personal liability cover
- Up to $5,500 rental vehicle excess cover as specified in the policy for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
You, your spouse and your dependent children could be automatically covered for Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance on your journey, if each of you meet the eligibility criteria, including pre-paid travel costs using your credit card. Find out more in Details..
Transit accident insurance
Up to $500,000 transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the journey using either one of your Earth Black credit cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for most new items purchased in Australia and overseas provided the purchase is charged to the credit card account.
Extended warranty insurance
Up to 24 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty) on most new personal items purchased using your Earth Black credit cards.
- Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
- The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions on these cards and their own card
- Purchases made by an additional cardholder earn Qantas Points for the account holder only.
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
Now you can use your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone to tap and pay for everyday purchases. Simply download the Westpac Mobile Banking app and choose which debit or credit cards you wish to use for mobile payments. To make a payment simply hold the back of your Samsung Galaxy S5, S4 or Note 3 (N9005) smartphone against the contactless terminal.
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Extra security when you shop at participating online retailers with Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ and American Express SafeKey® through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Fraud Protection, 24/7
All mobile payments are backed by our Fraud Money Back Guarantee. Plus, you can choose to enter your mobile banking password each time you make a purchase for added peace of mind or disable mobile payments in your phone’s NFC settings at any time.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Cardholders will be reimbursed for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder didn't contribute to the loss and notified Westpac promptly. Refer to the T&Cs for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly. Refer to the Earth Conditions of Use for full details of when cardholders may be liable. Further information on resolving debit card transactional issues please see what to do if there is a fraudulent transaction on your card.
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury or disease.
Things you should know
For more information including Earth Conditions of Use see Details.
More on Credit Card Repayment Protection
This insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy in Details. This product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank doesn’t guarantee payments under the policy.
Earning Qantas Points on Earth Black credit cards
Qantas Points using an Earth Black card is subject to the Earth Conditions of Use. Points are earned on eligible purchases only and exclusions and limitations apply. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com/terms. See Details for more.
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual card fee||$395|
|Foreign transaction fee||
A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction. The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
1. Transactions in foreign currency
2. Transactions in Australian dollars and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located overseas:
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advances/withdrawal fee||An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply.
Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date. If charged, the Missed Payment Charge will be debited to your account.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$7.50 may be debited from your credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, order a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account. This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs) . Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Purchases||20.24% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||21.24% p.a. (variable)|
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
More details about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program
For more details about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program visit qantas.com/terms or contact the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre on 13 11 31.
Credit card repayment protection
Optional credit card repayment protection insurance helps cover your card repayment obligations if you lose your job, or are unfit for work due to sickness, injury, or disease.
This insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 1300 367 228.
Things you should know
World Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. PayPass™ is a trademark of Mastercard International Corporation.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.
The Westpac American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express.
Complimentary insurance covers: QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 1300 130 961.