Westpac Choice for migrants
An everyday bank account with features designed for people moving to Australia or who have recently arrived.
Westpac Choice account comes with the following services to help you bank with ease:
- Westpac Debit MasterCard1 if you live in Australia
- Westpac Online Banking & Mobile Banking
- eStatements for easier banking
Learn more about
$0 monthly service fee for the first 12 months (other fees apply)
Online and Mobile Banking offering a range of enhanced features to help bank on the go2
Getting the most out of your transaction account
- With purchases using your Debit MasterCard® Fraud Money Back Guarantee4 ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly
- Forgotton your wallet? Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac ATM5 in Australia. Get a cash code through mobile banking or by calling us. Enjoy no monthly service fee if you deposit at least $2,000 each month (other fees may apply)
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated or staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Periodical payments (Additional fees apply for periodical payments made by bank cheque and international periodical payments)||$0|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$0|
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$9|
|Periodical payment not made fee||$9|
|Account overdrawn fee||$9|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®. Go to our Debit MasterCard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
There is no interest for this account.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit MasterCard holders need to be at least 16 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit MasterCard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. You will be required to complete an identity check prior to being able to make withdrawals from your account.
3. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit MasterCard®.
4. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the cards' terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
5. Cardless cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Cardless cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express is a trademark of American Express. Samsung, Galaxy S and Galaxy Note are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.