How to order a bank cheque
If you need a bank cheque, order it online through Westpac Live.
Bank cheques submitted before 6pm AEST will be posted by 4.30pm the following business day.
- Bank cheques are sent to the address entered via Australia Post
- Bank cheques submitted prior to 6pm Sydney time will be posted by 4.30pm the following business day
- You can have Bank Cheques sent to yourself
- A fee of $5 applies – this is less than in branch
- Your payment may need to be approved by an authorised user. If you are not an Approver, the payee will need to be approved before it can be used. Payee will appear as - 'Changes Pending' – until Approved by Approver
Step by step guide
Select the From account and enter a description (optional).
In Payment details section, enter the Cheque amount and Date.
Enter a payment description, invoice date (optional), invoice number (optional), remarks (optional) and payment frequency.
Then select Continue.
Review payment and select Pay if details are correct.
To authorise the payment, enter SMS or Token code and select Authorise.