How to order a bank cheque in Online Banking for Business
We’ve made it simple for you to order a bank cheque using your PC.
How do I request a bank cheque online?
- Sign in to Online Banking using your 8-digit customer number and password
- Navigate to Payments and select Make a payment
- Select the Bank Cheque tab then search in Select payee or type to search to choose an existing payee, or select Pay new payee to create a new payee
- Choose the From account and complete the rest of the details in the form (some of which are optional), then select Continue
- Review payment and select Pay if details are correct
- To authorise the payment, enter SMS or security token code and select Authorise.
What do bank cheques costs and how are they delivered?
- It costs $5 to order a bank cheque online. The fee in branch is $10.
- Bank cheques are sent via Australia Post to the secure address you provide (which can be your own address).
- Bank cheques ordered before 6pm AEST will be posted by 4.30pm the following business day.
What if I have more than 1 Approver for administration tasks?
Your bank cheque request may need to be approved by an authorised User if your Online Banking is set up to have more than one Approver.
These other Approvers will need to:
1. Sign in to Westpac Online Banking from a PC
2. Click on the Approval button near the Sign out button
3. Select the Payments tab, where they will see payment pending approval.
What is my limit for a bank cheque?
If you have sufficient funds in your account, you can order a bank cheque up to the value of your Daily Payment Limit, which has to be within your Business Daily Payment Limit. For example, if your business limit is set at $60,000 and your User daily limit is set to $40,000, you can order a bank cheque of $40,000 provided you have the funds in the account and it is the only transaction you plan to make that day. Otherwise you will exceed your Daily Payment Limit.
Can I deposit cheques without a branch visit too?
Depositing a cheque up to $20,000 has never been easier, thanks to mobile cheque deposits*. Using your Westpac App, simply take a photo of the front and back of the cheque and submit the images. The funds will usually clear in your nominated transaction account within three business days.
Learn more about depositing cheques from your mobile.
What do the steps look like?
Navigate to Payments and select Make a payment..
Select the Bank Cheque tab.
Then search in Select payee or type to search to choose an existing payee, or select Pay new payee to create a new payee.
Choose the From account and complete the rest of the details in the form (some of which are optional), then select Continue.
Review payment and select Pay if details are correct.
To authorise the payment, enter SMS code sent to your mobile or security token code and select Authorise.