Manage your Term Deposit
1.50% p.a. fixed rate term deposit for 6 months
Offer available for a limited time only on Term Deposits renewed by personal customers. Available on deposits from $5,000 - $5,000,000 with interest paid at maturity. Terms and conditions apply*.
You may be eligible for a bonus rate on top of our standard rates
Why do I need to sign in to Online Banking to check my rates?
In the past our bankers may have helped you get bonus rates over the phone or in branch. Now you can find out if you’re eligible for bonus rates by signing into Online Banking.
Rates may be based on factors such as your relationship with the bank.
Manage your Term Deposit online in minutes
Manage on the go
Keep tabs on your Term Deposit alongside your other accounts through Online Banking and our mobile banking app.
Update your maturity or renewal instructions at any time (you don’t need to wait for your Term Deposit to mature).
Compare different rates
Easily access all available rates and terms.
You can also
- Have the funds paid directly into your Westpac account (or other bank account within Australia)
- Receive notifications via email and your Online Banking Message Centre when your Term Deposit is maturing.
How to renew online
Pre Maturity instructions
Provide renewal instructions at any point during your term. If you choose to renew we will confirm your rate at maturity.
1. Select your Term Deposit in your Online Banking.
2. Update your Term Deposit instructions.
3. Save your instructions (you can update them again at any stage during your term).
At Maturity instructions
Once it has matured you have 6 business days to renew or manage your Term Deposit.
1. Sign into Online Banking and select your Term Deposit.
2. If you want to make changes, select a different rate and term.
3. Choose whether to renew or close your account and confirm your changes.
Things you should know
Any bonus rates offered above may only be available through Westpac Live Online Banking.
* Rate is available for Term Deposit renewals from $5,000 to $5,000,000. Personal customers only. Private Bank customers may need to contact their Relationship Manager to obtain this rate. Not available for business, corporate, institutional or government customers. Rate applies for a single term. Higher or lower rates may apply for subsequent terms. Rate is not available in conjunction with any bonus interest or other special rates offered on Westpac Term Deposits. You must provide a minimum of 31 days’ notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply.
^ Westpac Live will be available to update Term Deposits from 8:00am to 9.30pm on a Business Day and 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturdays (Sydney time)
1 ‘Variation period’ means 6 Business Days from the date the Term Deposit matures.
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.