Stay in the loop with notifications
What are Push Notifications?
Push notifications are notifications that are sent to your mobile device when money goes in and out of your accounts, a credit card repayment is due or you’ve changed your daily limit or contact details. This is a free service that can be set up through the Westpac App or in Online Banking.
How to set up Push Notifications
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Search Notifications and marketing in the Smart Search bar
- Select the notifications you want to receive
In Online Banking
- Go to Services > Preferences
- Select Notifications and marketing
- Choose which notifications you would like to receive
Why should I activate Notifications?
Stay on track with your deposits and withdrawals
Get a Push notification from your ATM transactions for a deposit or withdrawal.
Know when and where your money is going
Get notified about deposits and withdrawals on your transaction, savings or credit card accounts. For example, when you get paid, or a regular withdrawal comes out like a gym membership or insurance premium.
Detect fraudulent activity instantly
By receiving push notifications you can increase your awareness of your account activity, making it easier to spot suspected fraudulent transactions. You can learn more about how Westpac Protects you by visiting our Security hub.
Customise your Notifications
Frequently asked questions
A Push notification is a notification sent to your registered device(s) for:
- Deposits such as a salary payment or payments from friends or family and payments to your credit card (OSKO & PayID payments coming soon)
- Direct debits and card purchases, for example memberships and subscriptions and, credit and debit card purchases
- ATM transactions
- Credit card repayment reminders
- Change of Daily Payment Limit
- Change of contact details
- Your new or replacement of lost/stolen card is on the way
- Credit card due to expire1
Setting up Push notifications may assist in early detection of fraudulent activity, help you stay informed and manage your finances.
Things you should know
Read the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
- Card due to expire push notifications will be available from December 2022.