Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan
Help gives you certainty.
3.09% p.a. 2 Year Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan 4.3% p.a. Comparison rate^.
For Principal and Interest repayment loans under the Premier Advantage Package.
$395 annual package fee.
Make extra repayments and redraw those funds
Pay off your loan earlier and pay less interest by making additional repayments. You have same day access to redraw your extra repayments. Redraw fee may apply depending on the product (and/or means by which the redraw is made). Any party to the loan can access the available redraw amount. The bank has a discretion to suspend redraws. Limits apply to extra repayments.
Take a break from repayments
You can apply to pause or reduce your repayments for a set period.
After the reduced or paused repayments period, the repayments will be higher for the remaining loan term. which may result in higher interest being paid overall.
Lock in a great rate
Lock in your fixed rate at the time you apply*, so if rates rise while you’re property hunting you won’t be disadvantaged (fees apply).
Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan fees with or without Premier Advantage Package
You save on fees when you choose the Premier Advantage Package, however an annual package fee of $395 applies.
Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan
|Fee||With Premier Advantage Package||Without Premier Advantage Package|
|Loan establishment fee||$0
||$600 (one upfront fee)|
|Loan maintenance fee||$0||$8 per month|
(Taking your home loan with you)
|$0||$300 per move|
|Repayment holiday fee||$0||$0|
|Progress draw set up fee||$300||$300|
|Fixed Rate lock in fee||0.10% of the loan amount||0.10% of the loan amount|
Below are the fixed interest rates for our Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan with principal and interest repayments and also the discounted interest rates you'll pay if you package your new loan under our home loan package, Premier Advantage Package. An annual package fee of $395 applies.
Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan interest rates with principal and interest repayments
|Term||Fixed interest rate||Comparison rate^|
|1 year||3.39% p.a.||5.32% p.a.|
|2 years||3.29% p.a.||5.13% p.a.|
|3 years||3.29% p.a.||4.96% p.a.|
|4 years||3.39% p.a.||4.83% p.a.|
|5 years||3.39% p.a.||4.69% p.a.|
Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan interest rates with principal and interest repayments under our home loan package, Premier Advantage Package
On new fixed rate loans where packaged home loans total $150,000 or more.
|Term||Package discount on new loan||Fixed interest rate||Comparison rate^|
|1 year||0.2% p.a. off the interest rate (conditions apply)||3.19% p.a.||4.4% p.a.|
|2 years||0.2% p.a. off the interest rate (conditions apply)||3.09% p.a.||4.3% p.a.|
|3 years||0.2% p.a. off the interest rate (conditions apply)||3.09% p.a.||4.22% p.a.|
|4 years||0.2% p.a. off the interest rate (conditions apply)||3.19% p.a.||4.18% p.a.|
|5 years||0.2% p.a. off the interest rate (conditions apply)||3.19% p.a.||4.12% p.a.|
Interest rates shown are for fully documented loans. Find out more about our home loan package, Premier Advantage Package.
Total packaged home loan(s) means all you new and existing home loans that are under Premier Advantage Package.
How to save on home loan fees and charges
Take out a Premier Advantage Package and save
When you package your home loan and bank account, you could enjoy the benefits of our Premier Advantage Package, including interest rate discounts and savings on a range of great products and services. For an annual fee of $395 you could save up to $1,506 in your first year on a $250,000 home loan.
Benefits of packaging your loan
- Discounts on a range of Westpac standard variable rate and Westpac fixed rate home loans.
- For any packaged home loan, pay no loan maintenance fee, top up / loan increase fee, portability fee or switching fee (excluding switches to a non-package loan).
- Pay no monthly service fee on your Westpac Choice account, regardless of total monthly deposit.
- Pay no annual card fee on a range of eligible Westpac credit cards.
- Discounts on selected insurance products.
If you add up the savings offered by Premier Advantage Package, you could save over $1,100 in the first year and over $500 in the second year. You’ll continue to save for the life of your loan when you add up the savings offered by Premier Advantage Package.
|Potential savings||Saving (year one)||Saving (year two onwards)|
|0.2% p.a. discount on $250,000 Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan||$500||$500|
|No establishment fee on Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan||$600||N/A|
|No ongoing loan maintenance fees||$96||$96|
|No monthly service fee on Westpac Choice account (regardless of deposits)||$60||$60|
|No annual card fee on Altitude Black credit card||$250||$250
|Less Premier Advantage Package fee||$395||$395|
This example is for illustrative purposes only and assumes the following:
- The Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan is the first Westpac packaged loan taken out
- Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan interest rate is discounted by 0.2% p.a.
- Interest only repayments
- Minimum contracted repayments are made on scheduled repayment dates through the life of the Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan
- No additional repayments made
- The loan is fully documented.
This example does not include other fees that may be payable on the Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan.
Make your payments on time, every time
By making your minimum repayment by the due date you can avoid late payment fees. Set up a direct debit so you never miss a repayment.
Ways to pay off your home loan sooner
Save a little more before you buy
If you've started saving you may start looking at buying once you have around 10% of the purchase price. However, if you have less than 20% of the purchase price, you may need to pay Lenders Mortgage Insurance. It may mean waiting a little longer, but if you can save a 20% deposit on your new home, you could avoid paying Lenders Mortgage Insurance.
Pay fortnightly versus monthly
Paying fortnightly means that there are 26 fortnightly repayments each year which adds up to the equivalent of 13 monthly repayments. That's one extra monthly repayment every year to help you own your home sooner. This could work well if you’re paid fortnightly.
Benefit from extra and lump sum repayments
· Any extra payments you make will reduce the balance of your loan and the interest charged. Lump sums such as a tax return, a bonus from work, a gift or an inheritance can help you save on interest and shorten the life of your loan. Even paying a little bit extra on a regular basis can make a difference in the longer term.
· Rounding up your home loan repayment just a small amount can make a dent on your home loan interest. For example, consider a loan amount of $300,000 at 5% over 25 years. If the monthly repayments of $1754 were rounded up to $2000 per month and continued until the end of the loan term, the loan would be repaid around 5 years early, and the interest owed reduced by around $54,000.
Regularly review your home loan
Over time, your personal situation or financial needs may change. It makes sense to review your loan regularly to ensure you're only paying for the features or benefits you actually use or need. We can help to assess your requirements and ensure you’ve got the products and services that are right for you at each stage of your life.
All our home and investment property loan applications are completed with the help of one of our Home Finance Managers, either over the phone or at a branch. Our Home Finance Manager will first listen and discuss your individual needs, then give you the information that will help you choose the right home loan for you.
To get started you can:
- Fill out an enquiry form and a Home Finance Manager will call you back
- Call 131 900 and talk to a Home Finance Manager (8am-8pm, 7 days a week)
- Pop into your local branch and have a chat.
Our Home Finance Managers can give you the information you need to help decide which loan is best for you. They can also help you with your application.
What you’ll need to kick start your application
We’ve put together this checklist of what you’re likely to need when you apply. Having this information ready before you start could help speed up the process.
- Details of monthly expenses (including loans and credit card debts)
- Lists of assets (what you own) and liabilities (what you owe)
- Income confirmation (including trusts and investments)
- Superannuation balances
- Proof of savings (statements)
- Property contract of sale (if you’ve chosen a property you’d like to purchase and if available)
If you’re a PAYG employee:
- Your 2 most recent payslips
- Your most recent payment summary or tax return.
If you’re self-employed:
- Your business/company tax returns for the last 2 years
- Your personal tax returns and assessment notices for the last 2 years.
If you’re refinancing:
- Loan statements for the last 6 months
- Property details.
If you’re building a home:
- Plans, specifications, council approval and builders contract
- Owner Builder Independent Adviser’s Report (if you’re the builder).
Things you should know
The above rates exclude any LVR discounts available for new loans.
Credit Criteria, fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions available on request. Based on Westpac's credit criteria, residential lending is not available for Non-Australian Resident borrowers. This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
Fixed interest rates: Interest Rates displayed are for Australian residents only. The Bank will apply the fixed rate that is available at the loan settlement date. At the end of the fixed rate period the interest rate will convert to the applicable variable home loan interest rate unless a new fixed rate term is selected and then the fixed rate is determined two business days prior to the refix.
*Rate Lock: The Bank will apply the fixed rate that is available at the loan settlement date, unless the customer locks a fixed rate in on the loan using our Rate Lock feature. The rate lock fee is 0.10% of the loan amount. At the end of the fixed rate period the interest rate will revert to the applicable variable home loan interest rate unless a new fixed rate term is selected and then the fixed rate is determined two business days prior to the refix.
^Comparison rate: The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over the term of 25 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
#Premier Advantage Package: Conditions of Use and a $395 annual package fee applies. You must either hold or be approved for a Westpac Choice account in order to qualify and continue to receive the benefits of the Premier Advantage Package. Before deciding to acquire a Westpac Choice account in order to qualify and continue to receive the benefits of the Premier Advantage Package. Before deciding to acquire a Westpac Choice account, read the terms and conditions, and consider whether the product is right for you.
Break costs on prepayments and switching: Customers can make total prepayments of up to $15,000 (cumulative) for loans fixed prior to 21 March 2009, $25,000 (cumulative) for loans fixed between 21 March 2009 and 16 March 2012 or $30,000 (cumulative) for loans fixed on or after 17 March 2012, without costs or fees applying. Prepayments exceeding this threshold may incur a break cost and administration fee.
If at any time before the end of a fixed rate period you switch to another product, interest rate (fixed or variable) or repayment type, then a break cost and administration fee may apply.