Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
What is Westpac Protect™ SMS Code ?
A temporary code that is sent to your registered mobile phone via text message. This helps protect you when banking online by ensuring you are the only person that can confirm certain transactions and changes to your account.
Forgot login details?
Change your password or find your Customer ID online if you’ve forgotten it
Adjust your payment limits
Instantly increase or decrease your payment limit online
Update your details online
Check and update your phone number, email and address online
Setup new payees & BPAY billers
Securely transfer money to new payees in Australia and overseas, including new BPAY payments.
How to register for SMS Code in just 2 minutes.
- Sign in to Online Banking.
- Select 'Preferences' in the Services & preferences drop down menu.
- Expand the 'Security' section.
- Select 'Activate' in the SMS Code section.
- Confirm the number to use for SMS Code authorisation. Select 'Confirm' to continue.
- You will be sent an SMS to your registered mobile phone with a 6 digit Westpac Protect™
SMS Code. When prompted, enter the 6 digit code and select 'Authorise'.
- You will be presented with an Activation successful confirmation message. Select 'OK'.
- The SMS Code section of the Security section will appear as Active.
Want to register for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code but forgot your sign in details?
Please call us on 1300 655 505 to find your Customer ID or reset your password. At the same time, ask our friendly team to set you up for SMS Code so you can reset your sign in details online next time and avoid having to call us.
Didn’t receive your
You may need to confirm your phone number is up to date. You can check and update your contact details online in Westpac Live Online Banking or in the app.
Are you living or travelling overseas?
To receive your SMS Code whilst overseas, you must have international roaming activated and the SMS service must be supported by your local mobile contract provider. A short delay may occur due to international roaming limitations. If you have not updated your phone number to your international number, you can register your phone number in Westpac Live Online Banking however there are some countries that cannot be selected via Westpac Live.