Pay or transfer money to anyone, anytime
Making a payment using a BSB and Account number
- A BSB is a six-digit number that identifies the bank, state and branch you opened your account in.
- Your account number is the identification number associated with your bank account.
- To pay or transfer money to someone, you’ll need the recipient’s BSB and Account number.
- You can also set up recurring payments on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly basis up to 12 months in advance.
- Payments are safe, secure and protected by our Online Banking Security Guarantee.
Did you know? You can make a payment using a mobile number as a PayID?
How to make a payment using a BSB and Account number
- New app
- Classic app
How to use this feature
- Go to Payments > Make a payment
- Select an existing payee from the drop-down menu, or select Pay new payee to create a new one
- To add new payee, enter the BSB, Account number and Account name. Review the payee details to ensure your transfer is paid into the correct account
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment
Things you should know
Overseas banks may impose fees and charges or convert the currency of the payment. Westpac may not have any control over the fees, charges or foreign currency conversions imposed by these institutions. Any overseas financial institution handling charges will by default be borne by the recipient of the International Payment and deducted from the payment amount, unless otherwise organised. It is possible that the overseas bank could convert the currency of the payment at an unfavourable exchange rate. You should inform the beneficiary that, if this occurs, they should consider rejecting the payment immediately so the payment can be unwound at the prevailing exchange rate.
If you do not want the currency to be converted, please insert the words “Do Not Convert” in the description details free text box when you are making an international payment and we will onforward this instruction.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.